Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Starting to feel at home...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamalittledream View Post
    In the case of any overpayment I just give them the difference in cash on the Monday following the Friday payday. This way, it's taken care of immediately.
    I would never in a million years provide them cash. They could just say they never go the reimbursement from me at a time when they are angry. People do the most ridiculous things when they are angry.

Edited to say: I could just write them a cheque and hand it to them the following Monday. That would be quite easy. Then they could have the reimbursement asap and I am in control of it, no cheques have to be changed and I can keep better track of it with the memo on my cheque. You just gave me a who new system. Awesome!!!! Thanks.
    Last edited by clep; 05-31-2012 at 01:00 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to clep For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by clep View Post
    I would never in a million years provide them cash. They could just say they never go the reimbursement from me at a time when they are angry. People do the most ridiculous things when they are angry.
    Sorry, I should have clarified...I have them initial a receipt with specifics on it: "I received xxx from xxxx on ______ as reimbursement for ____________________ _________ (why and when). I can totally understand your frustration with a parent as a culmination of many other things as well though.
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

Quote Originally Posted by clep View Post
    ...I tried to change the amount on their cheques a couple of times with their permission, but they didn't have time to initial over several days, so my payment ended up being quite late after they finally got around to it. I have no interest in hounding people day after day to initial the cheque.....
    See this confuses me - it takes 10 seconds how can they not 'have time'? And plus because the change was 'my fault' I do not take issue with having to 'take control' of fixing it so to speak - however I do not let them drop off their child or pick them up without having done it - the day before payday when they arrive I hand them the revised cheque and say 'please initial this so I can do my banking tomorrow' and if it is the other spouse who has to do it I send it HOME to do so that it can be brought back the next day - if they FORGET than it is no different than any other late payment issue bring it by pick up or you will be charged a 'late payment fee'.

Honestly I have never had a client who wanted a 'credit' most of them are eager to get their $$ bank in their hands if I have closed unexpectedly for something???
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Inspired by Reggio For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Inspired by Reggio View Post
    See this confuses me - it takes 10 seconds how can they not 'have time'? And plus because the change was 'my fault' I do not take issue with having to 'take control' of fixing it so to speak - however I do not let them drop off their child or pick them up without having done it - the day before payday when they arrive I hand them the revised cheque and say 'please initial this so I can do my banking tomorrow' and if it is the other spouse who has to do it I send it HOME to do so that it can be brought back the next day - if they FORGET than it is no different than any other late payment issue bring it by pick up or you will be charged a 'late payment fee'.

Honestly I have never had a client who wanted a 'credit' most of them are eager to get their $$ bank in their hands if I have closed unexpectedly for something???
    Most parents don't have such terrible time management skills. This particular parent has the "later, I don't have time" attitude with most things these days. She happens to be an engineer and so is her husband so the money in her hands is not something she really cares about at the time, just when she get's around to wanting it.

I can not allow them to drop their child off, which I have done in the past. I asked the parent to sign the cheque before they left and she said she didn't have time so I said for her to take her cheque and bring it back to me signed. She did do that, on Tuesday. I can only guess that since she was angry with me about bugging her to sign it she made sure it was late. She took a couple of days off work, the Friday and the Monday and I charged her a late fee before care resumed. It was a complete pain in the butt.

I can't not allow them to not pick their child up.

Euphoric !
    Do you have a waiting list or people calling looking for a spot cause if you do there is always the option of a term letter... That'll get her attention!

Quote Originally Posted by Crayola kiddies View Post
    Do you have a waiting list or people calling looking for a spot cause if you do there is always the option of a term letter... That'll get her attention!
    Wow, she just sent me a text asking me to take her daughter for a week in the summer paid of course, but she wants both of her children to spend the night here on the Sunday night so her husband doesn't have to take the day off work she says on the Monday as she is going on vacation.

Yes I have a wait list.

Euphoric !
    That parent needs a lesson is the difference between a nanny and a daycare provider. And dad can't bring the kids on Monday morning why and look after them at home.

Actually that does say a lot if on top of her job she is 100% responsible for the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by playfelt View Post
    That parent needs a lesson is the difference between a nanny and a daycare provider. And dad can't bring the kids on Monday morning why and look after them at home.

Actually that does say a lot if on top of her job she is 100% responsible for the kids.
    No she isn't actually. He has the children regularly for weekends or sometimes a week at a time while she trains for a big competition she is going into. He picked them up yesterday and dropped them off today, and will be picking them up tonight. He also does the pick up and drop offs for the one day a week that she is not working so she can train. He is very, very involved.

My policy is for a month... sick days dont get reimbursed. I do my best to find alternate care for them, but it is unlikely that there will be a ton of sick days on my part that require me to close so if there is... sorry... still owe the month. My husband was sick as well and we ended up in the hospital and I was closed for 2 days as well... it is part of having your child in a daycare... if they were sick we would still expect to be paid. I wouldnt reimburse but thats just me! It is a monthly fee, not daily for me. I take 2 weeks in the summer and they still pay full price.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpup View Post
    My policy is for a month... sick days dont get reimbursed. I do my best to find alternate care for them, but it is unlikely that there will be a ton of sick days on my part that require me to close so if there is... sorry... still owe the month. My husband was sick as well and we ended up in the hospital and I was closed for 2 days as well... it is part of having your child in a daycare... if they were sick we would still expect to be paid. I wouldnt reimburse but thats just me! It is a monthly fee, not daily for me. I take 2 weeks in the summer and they still pay full price.
    Interesting. I work the same way for holiday days, but provide myself six sick days a year. If I am not sick though I do not use them. If a member of my family is sick, or I have a day for court or something, I don't use it for that. I have never thought about having just the monthly fee regardless of sick days. I often feel upset when children are on the cusp of being sick, you know that point where it is iffy that they are here and I get sick from them. Or my favorite is when they don't at all look sick when they come and start vomiting with diarrhea in the afternoon. Cleaning all of that up is greatly increases the chances of being sick, more than just being around someone who is sick. I still work when I am feeling poorly just not if I am chained to the toiled bowl. Does anyone else not reimburse for sick days? I do for any days over six.