Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wish me luck!

Expansive...

Wish me luck!

Monday (tomorrow) is day 1 with my new dcg....8 months old!! Yikes! I almost forget what it's like to care for a baby

Naps, eating every 3 hours, bottles etc.

She's not crawling yet so that makes it a bit easier LOL

I'm hoping and PRAYING she wont cry (much).....lets see!

ahhhhhhhhhh
    Satisfaction Guaranteed or Double Your Kids Back!!

Expansive...
    Hoping and praying for you! She should be fine as at this age they adjust fast!

I started a wee one that age in February - time flies and before you know if they are old pros to daycare ... I find they adjust better the younger they are!

Enjoy the snuggles - I love the wee ones!
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

jec
    Sending you some positive vibes that today is going to be great!!
    I love the little ones too ~ easy and full of cuddles!

Positive vibes from me too, hon!! Update us!

I have TWO inquiries for part time turning into full time for infants...Yipes. I am nervous.

Expansive...
    So......it's been a 50/50 day so far. She's easy to feed & eat and sleeps on her own. When shes in my arms or lap shes all babble and smiles....and super cute! Chunks is my nickname for her :P

Put her down to tend to my DD or walk away = DEAR LORD! It's such an angry cry..no, scream and LOUD! I've visited with her & mom and mom doesn't hold her, she lets her play independently. Even if I'm sitting right by her she freaks out (not ONE tear mind you) and gets purple! She'll put a teething toy and gnaw at it then cryyyyyyyyyy, stop look at toy coooo and cryyyyyyyyy stop look at me smile then cryyyyyyyyyy etc.

I didn't give in......but am I doing it right for a 8mos old? Is she too young to understand or keep on it? I'll sit by her, she has plenty of toys in her reach, dry diaper, fed etc. I know she's teething BADLY but I don't think I shoud pick her up. Please tell me I'm not being an evil witch with the baby...LOL I'll go get her now!

Oy vey!

Expansive...
    I also keep telling myself it's DAY 1......give it time..

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamma_Mia View Post
    Yes, I hope for your sake it does get better each day. I would rather start a little infant than a 2 year old! Just my opinion.

My newest is a nasty teether ~ cutest kid and happy but when he is in pain OMG the angry sound of his cry is horrible - I cave and hold him cause if helps which makes me wonder if the pain causes anxiety as well which causes the scream cause otherwise picking him up would not help .... however I know he is capable of playing happily when WELL so it is not that pick me up cause I am spoiled cry - its an honest I am lost and need you cry even though it sounds angry too.

Gotta do what your comfortable with - crying creates a physical stress response in me so I admit I do everything in my power to help children stay calm in program specially when wee ... i start teaching sign language ASAP so they can tell me they want milk food diaper cuddles and as they get older they do not cry cause we develop others communication strategies - crying is just not an option if I can find an alternative to avoiding it
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

jec
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamma_Mia View Post
    I"ve had my newest addition JUST give me a few great days after one month.
    It's worth the time if your working with a great family and...that the little one does start to show signs of adjusting