Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Baby Products - Eco Friendly

Hi, I’m Sarah.. new to this space. Can someone help me find a site that offers natural/ eco-friendly baby products?

I’ve found a few sites but not all their products are organic or eco-friendly, and it’s hard to find a site that has cute stuff.

Euphoric !
    Welcome Sarah.

I buy Green Beaver sunscreen through my organic store and I'm sure wherever you live they have organic food stores. My brother makes wooden toys so I'm buying a lot of his puzzles and cars, trucks, etc. and want to switch as much as I can to wooden toys over the next few years. He sells them at craft sales so I would suggest you check out some craft sales I guess. I don't shop online so that's all I can help with today.

Euphoric !
    If you look online for things like natural parenting, cloth diaperings, organic clothing for baby, things that you know are eco-friendly they will often sponsor links to other companies that meet the same criteria.

You might have some success using your telephone book yellow pages as it would be posted in the ads if they sell eco-friendly products. Look under toys, baby equipement, parenting, etc.

Local agencies such as the leleche league or even drop in mom and tot groups would be good places to ask around and gather information.

And please share links if you find them - momof4 does your brother have a website or a price list or something to share - where are you again.

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by playfelt View Post
    - momof4 does your brother have a website or a price list or something to share - where are you again.
    Thanks for asking Playfelt, I keep telling my brother to get a website! I'm in London but my brother is closer to Windsor.

Euphoric !
    Check out Extraordinary Baby Shoppe...it is located in Ottawa, but they have a wesbite and you can order online. They sell a lot of things including tons of cloth diapers and related products, but also all kinds of other natural things for babies.

I’ve bought products from this site, they’re customer service is great and their products are great quality.
    http://www.organicbabychick.com/
    From their site “furniture is made with FSC certified sustainable woods and environmentally friendly manufacturing practices. Their bedding and towels are made of 100% organic cotton.”

Quote Originally Posted by sarahgreen View Post
    Hi, I’m Sarah.. new to this space. Can someone help me find a site that offers natural/ eco-friendly baby products?

I’ve found a few sites but not all their products are organic or eco-friendly, and it’s hard to find a site that has cute stuff.

Thanks for the rec, cool site… I love all of their products!

Quote Originally Posted by lindascott View Post
    I’ve bought products from this site, they’re customer service is great and their products are great quality.
    http://www.organicbabychick.com/
    From their site “furniture is made with FSC certified sustainable woods and environmentally friendly manufacturing practices. Their bedding and towels are made of 100% organic cotton.”

me too!

Quote Originally Posted by sarahgreen View Post
    Thanks for the rec, cool site… I love all of their products!

Ya - not sure how many places have 'one stop' shop options?

I like Badger sunscreen for their 'hot spots' face and shoulders and Green Beaver for the over all body protection.

I use Enjo cleaning clothes to reduce chemicals in my home for both myself and the daycare

Belong to an Organic food co-op to purchase food and other supplies that are organic.

This site has Eco friendly toys and equipment http://www.tegu.com/index.php?option...d=47&Itemid=18
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

Ummm...could you ladies PLEASE stop posting links to cute toys and cool baby stuff? You're killing my bank account!