I have a set of twins who are in my care pt W-F. When they originally started with me in January, their contracted hours were from 8:30-6pm. Their mother was often late in picking them up (she worked in the next city until 5:30, which is a 15-20 min drive) and would normally arrive around 6:15, which was a pain in the butt, but they were making up 2/3 of my income at the time so I let it slide. Recently, they have moved to the city where the mother works and the father who has to commute to work now drops and picks them up on his way through. So now they are here until 6:30-7pm. When they originally told me, they said it would be for a month (then I found out they moved) and they said pick up would be 6:30 the latest, however, more often then not, they don't get picked up until 6:45- 7pm due to traffic.
My husband absolutely hates that they are here this late... I'm starting to dread W-F as they twins are cranky, my kids are cranky, and there is little time to wind down at the end of the day. I get to spend no time with my own kids on these days as they go to bed at 8pm and once the twins leave its bath etc...
So, I would like to terminate these twins (I now have two new clients, possibly 3), but how do I do it? I know I agreed to these hours and its only been a month, but I just can not keep up with the extended hours.
Do I give them an option to try and find a way to get their children picked up at my regular closing time, or do I just terminate them? I am willing to watch them for the rest of the summer as my new clients dont start until then. So, do I tell them now and give them a few months to find care, or do I wait until the end of July and give them a month's notice? In my contract it states we both only need to give 2 weeks, but I don't want to have them panicking to find care.
I truly do feel bad about this, as the twins really are easy to care for, and are very lovable. However, if I want to keep my own sanity, I need to make this change.