Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Outgoing
    I personally think that you're going to complicate your life by doing breakfast. It sounds like a lot to take on. I would be more inclined to break up the free-play somehow. After a certain amount of time, gather them together for something as simple as colouring. You still don't have to be super-involved....but it will break it up. There are always phases like this....I would be firm with discipling their actions as oppose to reworking everything else.
    If you change snack time, I'd still keep it simple. Don't go cooking up a storm, just because they can't share. That's just my 2 cents.
    At one point I did breakfast for 2 that arrived early (plus my 2 kids) I will NEVER do it again. I didn't realize it at the time, but it's tough. I thought make toast for 2 or 4...what's the difference...but somehow there is one! I guess my coffee just hadn't had time to kick in yet
    Now, with preparing my kids breakfasts and lunches for school...never again. If they arrive early, they need full tummies to play nicely while I do my morning routine.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to gcj For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home...
    Great suggestion gcj! I think I'm trying to help out the parents as well with breakfast but I don't want to be out of pocket for buying more food and I don't want to charge more. I think I will just move up the snack time and maybe offer if they would like to bring their own breakfast that they could sit and eat here.
    ~~Proud Mama and Owner/Operator of Cutie Pie Daycare~~

Euphoric !
    I open at 7:30 and serve breakfast to the children who arrive by 8. Then we are out the door for our busy morning by 9am so I don't serve any more food until 11:30ish when we get home for lunch. It works great for me and I am in the same shoes as you with free play time inside. The 2 year old is the worst one for acting badly and I have two more little ones about to hit that age.

However, I serve the same amount of food to the children having breakfast as I would if I were serving a morning snack - fruit & pancakes OR eggs & toast OR cheerios & fruit OR sausages & croissants, you get the picture. I bet you serve more than that at your morning snack, right?

Plus, I'm only feeding the few children who arrive by 8 and don't have to feed the others who come after that time because they have instructions to be fed and their first meal of the day is lunch, so in fact I'm SAVING money! Will that work for you?