Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Shy

How to provide reciepts?

Hi,
    I am wondering if you could help me with submitting a reciept? I am currently using the pre made reciepts from staples but since I do not have a bussiness number or a registered bussiness name, I only fillout the top parts which basiccally say from: and the amounts. Is that enough for tax purposes? Is there anything extra I should be writting on it that I am missing?
    i would appreciate the feedback,

Thanks

I provide receipts the same way. They may ask for your SIN number when tax season comes as the government asked one of my clients for mine when they were audited. Otherwise I just fill in "childcare by..... for May 2012" or something like that. I registered my trade name, but in your case just put your first and last name.
    Hope that helps!

Starting to feel at home...
    Hi!

I don't even give a paper receipt! All my clients file taxes online and I simply make a receipt in Word and email it to them! I put my contact details, child's name, term of care ( ex. Jan 2011 thru Dec 2011) and the total $ amount received. I include a copy of my excel spreadsheet that I use to record each payment that the parent has made. One parent has asked for my sin number which I then provided.

I simply provide a receipt the the first week of January for the whole year; parents are perfectly fine with that. I have an account ledger that I keep track of everything in & total each month...easy as pie come end of year. I had thought about them initialling it each pay (mine all pay me bi-weekly)...but really haven't had any problems to warrant it. Saving up for a great software program that'll do it for me
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dreamalittledream For This Useful Post:

Shy
    Thanks you all.very helpfull info

Euphoric !
    I just have a basic reciept book that I fill in - I give weekly receipt with each payment and I only fill in the parts that apply - so parent name amount paid and then write for childcare - name of child from and write date then sign the bottom as having received the money.

I do have my own recordign system I put on the tax line and that is 12 - # of reciept so I can track them in an audit as in how to account for them numerically.

I also give a computer generated yearly statement in January.

I do my own "tax receipt" in Word and it goes out once a year - generally end January for the tax year just ending - this allows me to put a watermark of my logo and a " this is an original please and is not to be a copied" as well as both the clients and my signature are on it in a different colored ink - I print two copies of the original watermark version one for their record and one for mine ... This is to prevent it being altered (worked at a centre once where parents got caught altering receipts to say they'd paid more for care than they had and these were a few suggestiOns made to help prevent fraud)

I also paid the $60 for a five year registration of a business name to avoid having to five out my SIN because I think that is just wrong that we are expected to do that but I did not want to deal with refusing to follow the law - a BIN solves that for $1 a month peace of mind!
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi