Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Starting to feel at home...

Question What do YOU wear?

Just curious what other providers wear on a day to day with the children? I'd like to look some what professional but it's a bit unpractical.

I wear whatever is comfy! Yoga/dance pants, tshirts, sweats, shorts, etc.
    I personally HATE jeans, so why wear them? I'm in the comfort of MY home, so I wear what I please.

Now, I won't wear short shorts, or shirts that are too low in the chest, or show off my ass....

Outgoing
    jeans and t-shirts, capris and tank tops. Dress for comfort not professionalism...yo u'll only ruin your clothes eventually while playing in the dirt or doing crafts

Agreed; comfort & respectable neckline etc. (long shorts). I spend my day on my knees in the dirt, grass, getting paint, chalk, sand (& that's a good day!) on me...nothing fancy for sure (I love my yoga pants). Every Friday is PJ day for us...best day ever! We even go to the park in our PJs! My personal 'thing' is that (although I roll out of bed 15min. before my first arrival @6:45) I make sure I am dressed and ready for the day when my first arrives.
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

Starting to feel at home...
    I wear what is comfortable and what I am ok with being destroyed, lol

I have never had any complaints from families... yet, lol

On your wish to appear professional; I once, early on when a parent arrived for pick up looked down at my pants and shirt...a mess with paint, dirt and chalk and apologized to the parent. Without issuing a beat she said "I would wonder if you all didn't look that way at the end of the day, it shows that they are having fun!". As long as you're not wearing ratty old things with holes in it or flashing the parents...I honestly don't imagine the parents even care what you're wearing. Your professionalism will shine through in the other things you do day to day.
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dreamalittledream For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    I agree with all the above posters. I wear what is comfy, but modest, and what I don't mind getting ruined. By the end of every day, what ever I am wearing is dirty. No exceptions. Why ruin perfectly good clothes everyday? In the summer I usually wear yoga caris, or bermuda shorts (the length is just above the knee), and a fitted tshirt (nothing too low). That way, I don't look frumpy, but I'm ready to get messy with the kids!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Bookworm For This Useful Post:

None of my clothes have holes or stains, but I too dress for comfort. I have about 800 pairs of black stretchy pants. In the winter I wear long ones with long sweaters, and in summer, I wear short ones with tank tops. Easy peasy.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandbox Sally For This Useful Post:

apples and bananas
    I'm the same. I wear my comfy clothes. My parents are often jealous of my work attire since they have to be in skirts and dress pants all day. On the rare morning I have a 6am drop off I show up the door in my jammies for sure! If you're here earlier then 7... You see my jammies.

Expansive...
    Usually I wear jeans and a shirt. I try to wear something not too nice but not too sloppy.

I usually never wear a white top during daycare though. It is a lot of dark colours