Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Shy

Hi From Ottawa too!

Hi all!
    I'm also in Ottawa, Orleans actually. I've been doing daycare for 6 years. I love it and occassionally hate it! But I have to say its getting easier now, at least the children are! I'm also a member of ccprn. I've also taken the National Childcare Training Course. Lots of fun with everyone! We had a great group! I have 4 full time and am looking right now for another full time. I'm so happy we have this forum now! I always thought ccprn should at least set one up, however. I'm enjoying just reading!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to daycare woman For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Hi I am in Orleans too - Fallingbrook near St. Peter's High School. Member of CCPRN too. Love this site too - especially the fact it is Canadian. There are quite a few from Ottawa on this site.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to playfelt For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home... Tot-Time's Avatar
    I think there are some CCPRN groups (old network leaders started them) on facebook but they don't seem to have taken off too well.

I am from Ottawa too, but the opposite end

Nice to meet you, who knows we might have met at the CCPRN office. I attend some workshops. I am ECE so I haven't attended any of the National Childcare Training. If you enjoy felt maybe we can meet some day at one of Sharon's workshops. I am a Sharon groupie, lol.
    ~*~ Nicole's Tot-Time Daycare ~*~
    www.nicolestot-time.com

Euphoric !
    Thanks for the workshop plug Nicole. Next one is set for Sat June 4 and will have a fish theme. Right now the plan is for a toddler oriented one in the morning and one in the afternoon that can go along with the book Rainbow Fish.

Shy
    Hi Playfelt I'm sure we've probably met somewhere. I go to Charlemagne playgroup often with the kids. But your just down the street from me! I love your daycare website by the way!
    I don't usually go into ccprn, way to far to drive, but that is where I took my training. I have to say it was lots of fun and info. Anyone going to Room to Bloom? I'll definatley think about the toddler workshop thanks!

Euphoric !
    Well then we will meet for sure because I will have my felt for sale over the lunch hour at Room to Bloom.

I did a workshop here at my house in Dec and we had 11 people so we have talked about doing more. I would like to have some more informal get togethers where we can work on whatever we are doing for our own groups. I just get more done when I have someone colouring and cutting too.

Don't take the kids out to playgroup because I have my own special needs child and she is too old for the group so not allowed to bring her. Only been three weeks since we have been out of the morning nap routine in a long time too.

Euphoric !
    I am in Ottawa too, in Beacon Hill North. I just started doing daycare, so I am hoping to learn frmo all you seasoned providers

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by kangaroomama View Post
    I am in Ottawa too, in Beacon Hill North. I just started doing daycare, so I am hoping to learn frmo all you seasoned providers
    Ok so next area over. We really should find some time to get together and make stuff, discuss stuff, have tea whatever. More than willing to host since I don`t drive. I find getting to the CCPRN office just too hectic after a day of daycare so haven`t been to an evening workshop in ages. My group is little and not into crafts and so most of what I do is teaching resources for me to use with them. I do a lot of poems and figures and that is what I spend time colouring and doing. Been doing daycare for 25 years and so much has just fallen apart that I need to make new stuff. I keep telling myself I have amassed so many teaching resource books that instead of going to a workshop I need to just take the time to copy from my own books and make up what I already have. Anyone want to come and motivate me?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to playfelt For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home... Tot-Time's Avatar
    Sharon I don't want to be left out, but it is so difficult to get to your place through the week

Actually truthfully now I am hitting my busiest time of the year, so I don't have a whole lot of time on weekends either. But keep me posted if you get together just in case I can make it too ....
    ~*~ Nicole's Tot-Time Daycare ~*~
    www.nicolestot-time.com

Euphoric !
    Sunday afternoons are usually my other time I play around in my "crafting space". Often Jennifer is here too.