Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Reggio, I have family and close RECE friends that work in 3 of the 4 boards (English based). That's how I know about it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Inspired by Reggio View Post
    The reason being is that they needed time in the pilot schools to work out the KINKS before having it roll out in every school across Ontario - time to train the teachers on the concept of working an a 'team' with a partner that is to be viewed as equal in the room, time to train them on the new curriculum, as well as they need time for CENTRES to adjust to the loss of staff as RECE leave centres to go to school boards, as 4-5 year children leave centres to go to all day early learning ... change is hard enough but change of this size and magnitude definitely takes TIME that's for sure
    The funny thing about this, is that in the Ottawa French boards, they have been doing this for 5-10 years! Why not learn from them!?

Quote Originally Posted by Play and Learn View Post
    Reggio, I have family and close RECE friends that work in 3 of the 4 boards (English based). That's how I know about it!!!
    Ya - me too most of my RECE have converted to the full day kindergarten programs ... it really must vary how they are sharing the funding and so forth than cause we are getting funding for this in our area .... they have added another like 20 schools for this coming Fall in both the Catholic and Public ... maybe not as much as they would LIKE funding wise - cause well we all know that WE could get a dollar to go way further than THEY can get a dollar to go and theredore they constantly complain there is not enough $$ However in our area they are getting additional funding to support this it is not being expected to come out of their existing budget ... I know in our area what the 'issue' has been is over the before and after school care cause THAT did not get funded cause they cannot agree as to who is going to offer this ... so the before 9 am and the after 3:30 pm care that was suppose to make the 'full day early learning seamless' cause some school boards wanted to offload it to third parties who are already doing it and others were saying NO it had to be offered in house and so forth ... so I know in our area a lot of schools are not getting THAT component of the program ... and I am torn cause yes there are programs already doing this but the school boards have the SPACE sitting there and it makes sense to me that it be used to provide that seamless care - it SHOULD be cheaper than having to cover the cost of two locations and so forth however typical of school board and government their 'predictions' for the cost of this is MORE than what parents are paying for full day care in centres ... go figure

I hear ya on the French schools having had full day everyday for years .... it is not rocket science.... however they are offering a totally different model than what is rolling out and well sadly the boards do not tend to WANT to work together due to politics and other 'funding issues' and well than you have to throw in the UNIONS wanting a say at every turn as to how this 'change' is going to affect them and so forth
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

just getting back to this mothers enquiry... I did daycare in Burlington for 3 years and I think a great place to start is with the Halton Daycare Providers Association. I was a member and the have a referal system and they had at least 79 members in burlington on their books when I was in the city. I think they would likely be able to put you in touch with people. Also go and put a notice up in the early years centres and on your childs school noticeboard.

Good Luck

website address.... www.hccpaburlington.ca

email .... homechildcare@hccpab urlington.ca

contact name .... Diana Weber

Quote Originally Posted by bright sparks View Post
    just getting back to this mothers enquiry....
    Yes - my apologies for the hyjack
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

Quote Originally Posted by Inspired by Reggio View Post
    Yes - my apologies for the hyjack
    Sometimes it happens