Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Teacher Gifts

Outgoing

Teacher Gifts

My son is finishing kindergarten. I'm just wondering what type of gifts people give and how much people spend on school teachers...

Ahhhh, this is a good question that I find gets a lot of mixed responses. A lot of my friends are teachers so I hear from them what they like and don't like. I try to get my kids to find out what the teacher likes, my kids are 9 and 11 so much easier. My daughters teacher last year LOVED star wars so we got him a load of novelty SW items and he loved them. I got my sons teacher at Xmas a box of 4 stemless wine glasses and a gift card to the liqour store. I wasn't sure about it but fortunatly she said she got a few and her favourite gifts were always wine lol

I have been told on several occasions that teachers have enough teacher mugs to start a coffee shop so thats never on my list of possibilities. Also hand made foods aren't popular. I had a friend who does tupperware who buys the different coloured and patterned canisters and has a great recipe for a flavoured air popped popcorn which she puts in cellophane bags and puts in the canister for a gift. I told my Teacher friends who said they get a lot of stuff like this and while its very nice and personal and a lot of thought goes in to the gift, they are aprehensive about eating them as they dont know how clean this persons house is or even them as a person so thats also struck off my list. I tend to stick to flowers or a nice plant for the ladies and chocolates for the men, which no doubt someone in their house will eat or will keep for a while so can be regifted. Another occasion I bought everyone a chapters gift card for $20. Unfortunatly there tends to be multiple teachers per child now so it can get very pricey.

Sorry just referring back to the handmade food gifts. I wouldnt make these as I'd be really upset if all my hardwork ended up going straight in the garbage.

apples and bananas
    I've always gotten the teachers gift cards to Michaels. They always seem to appreciate it, and I know they'll use it to put supplies back into the classroom.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to apples and bananas For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    See below for another thread about Teachers Gifts or End of School Year.....lots of great ideas there.
    Satisfaction Guaranteed or Double Your Kids Back!!

Quote Originally Posted by apples and bananas View Post
    I've always gotten the teachers gift cards to Michaels. They always seem to appreciate it, and I know they'll use it to put supplies back into the classroom.
    Thats a GREAT idea. I'd love that kind of gift too.