Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Expansive...

If the modernization act actually goes though. . .

when do you think the bill would pass?

Do I have a couple years? one year? less? just trying to see when people think the new bill will pass (regardless of what it entails)

Shy
    It would all be speculation at this point, but I don't see how they will be able to immediately implement it so my guess would be up to a year? Total guess though...hopefully more will come to light after the second reading in February
    “While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about.”

― Angela Schwindt

Expansive...
    I sent off a second set of letters. Never realized how damn opinionated I am!!!!!

Starting to feel at home...
    I read somewhere that it would be effective as soon as it is passed, so theoretically, this spring. That's what I'm planning on anyway.

Expansive...
    Several people have responded to my letters with various versions of....

If passed, time will be allotted to make everyone aware of the changes and to implement the changes in a way that is easy for everyone involved.

Not very specific obviously but I don't think you will find someone on your doorstep the next day saying you have to send families away immediately.

Euphoric !
    I have heard September 2014 tossed around a lot with the idea that part of the bill includes schools offering care for all children from JK and up. Until that is done, they can't be out of our daycares. I know one of the schools in Orleans (Avalon) for those also from this area is planning to have the program in place by Sept. Not sure if it is related to the bill but it sounds like the school board might be making plans just in case.

I have also heard rumours that the opposition may be voting against another upcoming bill which would have us in a spring election mode instead of a passing the bill mode. Nothing like more uncertainty in our lives.