Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home... Toregone's Avatar

Canada Day Activities

Anyone have anything planned for Canada Day? It's a holiday so I think I should have some sort of themed day on the Friday but I can't think of anything I want to do. My oldest child is not quite 3 so that makes craft times pretty limited. The 14 month old cant hold a crayon, paint, or anything really without eating it haha. The 18 month old is pretty good about most things but the 2 year old girl has an extremely limited attention span. Nothing holds her interest for more than a minute. The almost 3 is pretty decent about taking part in whatever.

I was thinking of doing a backyard pool day and bbq maybe with some face painting. I want something for the kiddos to take home however.. any ideas? What are other providers doing?

if it is o.k. with the parents, kids love tatoos and the dollar store has some Canada Day ones. Also you can bake some mini cupcakes with red icing for the kids to decorate and take home. Get some red and white balloons for the kids to take home and just blow bubbles in the back yard.

Shy
    you could make little flags and have the red strips anf the leaf already to be glued down and add a stick

Starting to feel at home...
    We are having a red day here (only on the Thursday because I am closed on the Friday). Everyone will wear red, we will have red food (watermelon, strawberries, etc.). We are going to have a pancake breakfast in the morning with maple syrup (Hahaha, there's the Canada part of the theme), and we are going to make flags with red handprints as the maple leaf. My kids are roughly the same age as yours and they looooove the handprint crafts. Afternoon snack will be red jello cut into maple leafs! Should be a fun day!!

Shy
    I am having a wear red and white day, also giving out Canada day stickers.

Euphoric !
    My kids are fascinated by the flag so we make them where I cut the red rectangles for the ends and print the leaf which they then colour - I cut it out just roughly around not into each groove so it goes quick and then we glue it all in place. We take the flags outside after nap so they can find a stick and I help each tape it to the stick. They then just run around the yard waving their flags.

I have a puzzle of Canada they can make and we have been pointing out where we are and where people they know are like grandparents, my son, etc.

Expansive...
    We are making t-shirts similar to these:

http://workmanfamily.typepad.com/our...anada-day.html

except the red bars of the flag are foot prints and the leaf is a handprint! I'm excited!
    Last edited by Skysue; 06-25-2012 at 09:51 PM.

Expansive...
    I've got my mini flags out lining my walkway and tattoo's ready (parents are ok). We'll be having "Canadian Lunch" lol with pancakes & syrup and all must wear red & white!

We'll do bubbles for sure and might allow finger painting....we'll see. dcg who's 3yr has been naughty (mom is expecting and she's starting to act out) so...if she's nice we'll do it. My dd won't know/care either way.
    Satisfaction Guaranteed or Double Your Kids Back!!