Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Outgoing

Wink Writing a final notice

Well, it's finally come to that time!! I am FINALLY able to write a final notice and not care whether they stay or don't. (Well, I do care, but I am trying to distance myself from it lol) This comes as the boy came WITHOUT SHOES yesterday and Monday. Like...really?? No shoes?

I need help writing the letter. I've never written one. I obviously need to let them know WHY they are getting the final notice and I was to add what they have NOT been doing that is making me write this letter. Can someone help me write it?

These are the reasons I am giving the final notice:
    -having to continuously remind them of the need for supplies (I have to remind them three or four times to bring milk and wipes - diapers they're good with. But I think it's because they know I have wipes and milk top "Spare"
    -NO SHOES
    -not following drop off and pick up times - not "requesting" specific times to drop off or pick up and just telling or showing up (I don't mind parents showing up unannounced, I have nothing to hide, but they showed up during nap time.)
    -

I re-sent the policies yesterday, which they either didn't read or didn't care because they showed up during nap times, as I'd sepcifically requested they DO NOT DO. And then she says "Oh, I'll go wake him up" and GOES UP STAIRS!

I don't want to cause any tension between us but they need to take me seriously and take my rules seriously and learn some ****ing boundaries lol I texted her last night and told her that I would not be able to take him into care if he didn't have shoes, and she said no problem and brought shoes. It's like they test me at any chance they get. The ONLY reason I am keeping them is that she is going on mat leave in October and the kid will be leaving then - and I don't wanna terminate them and force them to find care for 4 months, I fear this will give me a bad rap. However, once this notice is out, and they even have a little slip, they're gone.

Anyways, so if ANYONE could help me write this...my letter keeps coming out bitter and spiteful. I am having a hard time staying professional with this family because I have grown such a resentment. They clearly think that bc they are paying me they can do whatever they want....

Starting to feel at home...
    Why don't you post what you've written so far?

Expansive...
    I like to keep things simple and to the point. No hummmm's - just you are out.

Dear________,

It has been nice meeting your family and ______. I'm sorry to say that I feel we are not a good match/fit to continue on for daycare. As per my contract “Mamma_Mia reserves the right to suspend or terminate care of any child without notice, should it be deemed necessary….”
    I feel that another daycare would be more suitable to meet all your needs but I want to thank you for the opportunity.

This notice is effective immediately.

Thank you & Good Luck,
    Mamma_Mia

Now that one is keeping things on 'good terms' without listing everything they did wrong!! lol But feel free to add something.
    "as per the contract you have failed to meet the requirements in the following areas:
    a) required supplies
    b) child reddiness (no shoes)
    c) respecting the business hours (showing up at no-pick-up time).

Good Luck and be strong!
    Satisfaction Guaranteed or Double Your Kids Back!!

Outgoing
    thanks mama mia but it's not a termintation letter, it's a warning that termination is iminant lol

Ok this is what I've written, but I know it's not right. And as you read, please remember that these people are very....simple. It seems that they need to be explained things numerous times in order to get it through to them. (Here's a little example: Mom and dad accidentally paid me $10 over the required amount and they said it didn't matter. I felt bad so I sent them a text saying "child" needed sun screen, so I would buy the suncreen with the money but "you will have to provide milk for him on your next visit as he has none." two days go by, no milk. I text her and say, "child" arrived with no milk again today. She says, oh I thought you were going to buy it with the extra money. I said "No, I bought sunscreen." Her reply, "So, for confusion's sake, I need to bring milk tomorrow?" !!!)

Anyways, here is my letter:

Final Notice

This is a letter to inform that this is a last and final warning regarding following policies at Little Dreamers daycare.

There have been numerous issues with following Little Dreamers Policies and unfortunately, I will no longer be able to care for “child” if policies are not followed from here on out.
    Policy discrepancies are as follows:
    -continuous disregard for pick up/drop off policy: “child”’s drop off and pick up times have been relatively consistent – 12:30 and 5:30, or 7:30-5:30 however, on the days that there is an exception it seems he is always picked up during nap or dropped off during nap. I have one break during the day and this is between 1:30 and 3:30. I am not willing to lose this break because I have to keep “child” up to be picked up in the middle of nap time. It is stated simply, and has been mentioned numerous times, that he is not to be dropped off or picked up during nap times. On June 26th, “child” arrived at 10:00am and went straight to nap time. As expected, he cried for the first ten minutes as he had no time to play with his toys and was unfamiliar with what was happening.
    - arriving without proper attire: “child” was dropped off at daycare two days in a row – June 25th and 26th wihtout shoes. This is absolutely unacceptable. Those two days, we were unable to go outside as he did not have shoes. I cannot and will not supply shoes for him.
    - continuous requests for materials not being met: on many occasions, I have asked numerous times to supply materials (wipes and milk) and have had to use personal items. There is a charge for this, which was mentioned in the interviews and is stipulated in the policies. From now on, a fee will be charged that will be payable the following day. If payment is not received, I will terminate.
    These rules have been implemented for a reason and it is very difficult to run a proper daycare, and will continue to be difficult, if these simple policies cannot be followed. This is not the first time that any of these issues have been dicussed:
    - on June 26th, I had to warn you that the following day I would refuse care if “child” did not have shoes upon arrival
    - on June 26th, I sent the policies manual to be read and followed and “child” was still picked up in during napping hours
    - on May 23rd, I sent home a letter requesting items as it was over three times I had to ask for items.
    That is, effective Jul 2nd, 2012, this is your final warning. I have decided not to terminate as you have only until October and finding care from now until then would be very difficult. I realize that, however, if things are not corrected, I will be forced to terminate.

I thank you for your time and hope that from here on out, we can carry on a professional and positive relationship.

Thanks

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by Littledragon View Post
    thanks mama mia but it's not a termintation letter, it's a warning that termination is iminant lol
    MY OPINION: After that many reminders and notices this would be MY final letter to them. You've already given a copy of your manual so there shouldn't be any more confusion as to what is allowed/expected. How much more threatening or reminding do they need? It's like a child, after so long it's empty threats which is what is sounds like to me. After 1 warning they should shappen up, not 'test' my limits.
    Satisfaction Guaranteed or Double Your Kids Back!!

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamma_Mia View Post
    MY OPINION: After that many reminders and notices this would be MY final letter to them. You've already given a copy of your manual so there shouldn't be any more confusion as to what is allowed/expected. How much more threatening or reminding do they need? It's like a child, after so long it's empty threats which is what is sounds like to me. After 1 warning they should shappen up, not 'test' my limits.
    That's what I thought you were doing

I just feel bad letting them go because I know they don't feel like they've ever been warned. They're the weirdest people I have ever met, to be honest. It's like they don't understand normal human interaction. If I terminated, it would come as a complete surprise. I would just feel bad. And also, my son. He loves this little guy and I would hate for him to lose out.

I have an interview on Friday for a little boy around my son's age, and if it works out, I will probably terminate. My husband thinks I should give a final written warning, and if they don't comply after that, it will be immediate termination. This letter wouldn't have been given out until Monday (no doubt something would happen in between then and now that would warrant the letter).

Thank you for your help. I have been going back and forth about warning and just terminate. We'll see what happens this week I guess

You have given them 'warnings'. You have told them what they need to bring, when not to disrupt, etc. WHY give them another chance?
    Personally, I do not think they're going to change for you. I would write it as a termination letter just like Mamma Mia stated.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Play and Learn For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    I think you guys are right. I sent them the policies yesterday and asked that they initialize it and send it back for Friday. If they don't (and I don't think they will) I will terminate them effective Monday

jec
    It's tough terminating a client ~ we are dealing with people/families and although they can push us to our limits sometimes our heart strings hang on for their kids.
    You've been more than fair and I think the ladies are right, they aren't going to change.
    Good luck- not easy!!

Outgoing
    soooooooooo she brought the intialled policies!! lol omg. just when i'm ready to let go, they turn around and do what i ask! lol not only am i a daycare for the kid, but im also reasing the parents - they act just like children! lol good god.