Hi everyone!!
I have been running my dayhome for 2.5 years, and have had a great/awful time doing it! lol!
I use my entire basement as a daycare, and it is very safe and secure with large windows, locks on rooms they can't go it, and it is right off the kitchen. When I make lunches or clean up after meals, I let the kids (ages 3-6) go in the basement so they are not underfoot. I can hear everything (even the whispers saying "be quiet so she can't hear what we are doing") so I don't think its an issue to let them play on their own and I let the parents know during interview that I will let them play on their own. I was just wondering how everyone else handles lunches, breaks etc?
Also, what are your quiet time activities? I only have one who naps and she can nap anywhere through anything and usually passes out on the couch to be honest. I only take a half hour from 1-1:30 to take a break, so I use the food prep/clean up time to retain my sanity. I don't want to plop the kids in front of the TV for quiet time, but I don't want them destroying the house either.
Thanks!