Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Starting to feel at home... Tot-Time's Avatar
    I am definitely not normal Andrea

The more kids I have the happier I am, I am weird. I have programming but I find it so boring with just 5 kiddies because usually 1 or 2 of them are not ready for programming and with 3 you can't do any big group activities such as parachute play, duck duck goose, etc. That is where play dates were always fun, because 1 caregiver could run activities while 1 kept an eye on the little kids.

Having a double daycare would be so nice!!!!! I would love to have an assistant. I know from friends it isn't always fun, there are headaches to having an assistant, right now for me the grass is so much greener on the other side
    ~*~ Nicole's Tot-Time Daycare ~*~
    www.nicolestot-time.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tot-Time View Post
    Having a double daycare would be so nice!!!!! I would love to have an assistant. I know from friends it isn't always fun, there are headaches to having an assistant, right now for me the grass is so much greener on the other side
    I would find an assistant so much easier at times; but the thing the assistant would have to realize is that it's still a business, and I am the boss of that business - so ultimately, I would be making all of the final decisions. It's just like being a head-teacher of a classroom in a daycare!

Some days I miss being a nanny - you get to go on play dates!

Hum ... wouldn't Nannies still fall under the DNA in regards to play dates? Meaning the nanny would have to either ensure there were under 5 children under the age of 10 on the premises or have play dates with Moms vs caregivers?
    www.nicolestot-time.com

Nannies

I don't think so. We (three school-aged boys) used to go to the parks (social area). Every now and then the kids would have friends over - so I would sometimes have three to four 10 & 11 year old, two 7 year olds, and one or two 4 year olds. It might be different for if you are caring for younger children. I never thought to check the DNA for nannies. I had a job offer for 4 girls under the age of 3 - turned it down for the 3 boys as I didn't want to drive the kids around!

Euphoric !
    As the mom to four kids I always had 5 daycare so 9 kids was the norm. And for a few summers I had two kids over 10 that were siblings of kids in care. I just considered it normal. It is amazing that it doesn't seem like all that much more work since you are doing most of it anyways. With that many there would be age restrictions so I didn't have 9 in diapers at a time - just 6.

Starting to feel at home... dragonlady3's Avatar
    I asked the Prov. about nannies and the explanation I got was essentially, "if the caregiver is paid to care for the children, like a nanny, she is not allowed to have playdates (over 5 children...)" In short, the same rules apply to nannies, as paid home child care providers. At first they told me it included parents too!...but they changed it about a month later (Sept. 2010) and started telling us that parents could bring children to visit or for picking up another of their children, but NOT paid care-givers.

Euphoric !
    When they changed the rules to not include parents does that just apply to dropping off or picking up a sibling or coming to visit for an interview or integration as in a one time or two thing or is it ok for them to come regularly. Example then if you wanted an assistant the ideal person would be an immigrant with a child that wanted to learn English and they would come and help out with even the housework while their child joined the group. So does this mean since the mom is on sight you could have 6 children since only 5 are daycare. Another one of those scenerios that needs to be specifically spelled out. I could so see myself doing that to get some household help.

Yes Sharon ... as long as the mom of the child is still on the premises you are allowed to go over in numbers According to Doreen.

It also includes, drop off and pick ups (because many pick ups have a younger or older sibling), interviews, and Mommy and Me visits.

Basically as long as the parent is present you can have as many Moms and Tots as you want, providing you aren't providing the care (paid or not) for more than 5 children.
    www.nicolestot-time.com

Euphoric !
    I would want a permanent situation like a parent assistant spelled out and not just assumed since the ministry's yes might have been based on the scenerio of occassionally. But worth looking into.

Starting to feel at home... dragonlady3's Avatar
    I agree. So many things seem to get redefined based on some formula that we do not know. It is best to play it safe. If you have family or friends in other cities, who also do home child care, ask them to call their officers, and you call yours. Compare notes....then you might be safe! I know it sounds weird but it is true! I had my sister call her regional rep. and she was told her daughter could visit with her children, bringing the number to 8, but she shouldn't come too often! What the heck is too often!!!