Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need Advice :)

Expansive...

Red face Need Advice :)

For planning my leave after I have my baby
    Yes, I'm pregnant again (for those of you who remember I was before, but lost that little one). I've been in for 2 ultrasounds already (I'm 9 weeks now!), and the baby is growing perfectly with a strong, healthy heart beat. Thank goodness!!!
    I'm curious as to how you would plan this!
    I'm due Feb 6th, but I tend to go overdue (I have 2 children, one was induced at 8 days late and the other at 6 days late), but of course you never know. I think I will close for 6 weeks, but I want that to be as much time with my newborn as possible. In about 3 weeks I will share the news with my daycare families and I want to have a plan ready for them when I share the news so they aren't left wondering.
    Considering my track record of going overdue...would you work right up to your due date? If you were in my shoes or HAVE been in my shoes...how did you arrange it all?
    Thanks in advance!!!!

I have never had to deal with this so my only first hand advice is a heartfelt congratulations
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

Expansive...
    Thanks you!!!

Expansive...
    lol, *Thank you!!!

Outgoing
    I'm no help either in this department... Congratulations though!

Expansive...
    Congratulations!!! Wishing you a happy & healthy pregnancy

I'm not expecting (yet) but have been talking with DH as to what we'd do when #2 arrives. If all goes according to plans, I was thinking of doing a 2 weeks off and going right up to my due date. I'd also let them know as early as I feel comfortable doing so. I have to see how things work out, my mom might be off of work at that time so she can help me for the first few weeks after the baby is here & when I'm open with the other kiddies.

Not sure but if this next one arrives in the summer I'd be spending a lot of time indoors with the AC and I'm sure parents would understand that some days we'd be mellowing out as I'd be tired!

I'd like to see what others have to say & add.
    Satisfaction Guaranteed or Double Your Kids Back!!