Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mondays suck!!

Outgoing

Mondays suck!!

Does anyone else feel this way?? I find I have the LEAST amount of patience on Mondays. I HATE it. Normal things that I would have an easy time handling, I feel like blowing a gasket! I am normally VERY patient and understanding, but on Mondays, I'm so irritable with no patience. It take ALL my energy to be patient and nice. I wish the kids could just play without me on Mondays, but it also seems to be the day they struggle with the most too. My older kids require more enteratining and the little kids are more clingy.

Does anyone else feel this way?!?!?!

Outgoing
    I'm with ya! I find my group is absolutely miserable on Monday's too. Busy weekends, late nights with their parents etc. I find mine don't tell me anything until pick up though when I mention that so and so had a rough day..that's when I get the...oh ya she/he didn't go to bed until 1:00am as we were busy (they get here at 6am!) Drives me nuts...I wish they would just be honest and tell me they haven't slept or were sick all weekend...would make my day and their child's day much easier. Sigh...tomorrow is Tuesday Mondays are A LOT of free play at my house and no crafts lol. I just can't be bothered with all the craft 'work' on a Monday.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to michellesmunchkins For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home...
    I actually happen to like mondays! The kids are happy to see each other and spend alot of time playing together with minimal fighting. I am actually really happy to see the kids too and hear about there weekend. I find that my difficult day is Tuesday.... never really figured out why! That is the day where my patience is lacking a bit and the kids tend to require more care and attention with much more fighting.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Naftafia For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I find the kids are all tired and irritable on Mondays. Like someone else said, I don't plan much on Mondays. First of all, they are content to play and re-explore the playroom and yard as everything is new again and second of all, I don't want to drag tired kids out and around. I find they sleep really long on Mondays though on the bright side! I guess they are all so tired from busy weekends...no naps...late nights...etc. I wish parents were able to slow down a bit on weekends, but that is not up to me...I just have to deal with the fall-out on Mondays

7. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnydays For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    i feel better knowing i am not the only one!! lol thanks ladies!

My MOndays Used to suck but I've restructured a bit where I have one child less on mondays and fridays so it lets me ease into the week a bit and then ease off towards the end. So for me, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays often suck more

Euphoric !
    I have problems like you are describing on rainy Mondays only because every Monday we are out of this place by 9am! They are always happy outside. Our central library has a storytime and a playroom and that's where you find us every Monday possible. By the time we walk there, play all morning, walk home, they are ready for lunch and bed and a nice long nap.

So there's my advice - take them out and RUN THEM!

I like Mondays, I'm nice and refreshed from the weekend and ready to handle the kids. I have a hard time with Thursdays...tired because it's nearing the end of the week and there's still one more day to go.

apples and bananas
    I hate Mondays! Lucky for me I had this monday and last monday off. It made the week go so much quicker. Then off on vacation I go next week! But don't worry, I will be back to miserable mondays with the rest of you for the remainder of the summer.

Yup I am with Naftafia and Momof4 ... I do not mind Mondays and find my crew is always awesome and they sleep best on Mondays cause they often had no naps on the weekend and are tired ... but I have standing playgroups on Monday and Friday as well ~ this allows me to ease in to the week with something for them to look forward to and ease out of the week for ME with an easy morning ... T/W/Th we play by ear and either hang out all day here or go to parks and what not and if it is rainy and we cannot be 'outside' than we will scope out another playgroup for that change of scenery!
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi