Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Shy
    I am definateley updating my contract and my payment policies because this is not going to happen to me again, I am so screwed for this month. For the life of me I don't know why I don't have e-mail contact info for this family although I don't know what good that would do since apparently they are camping. I tried calling their cell phones and texting and no luck but maybe they are out of cell phone range. I'm going to contact my bank today and see what kind of info they can give me. It just doesn't fit with this family that they would just leave...
    Thanks everyone for your input I'll see what happens when they get back... they are supposed to be back on Monday. I already put up some ads and if by chance I do get the 2 spaces filled (which I doubt kinda hard to do during the Summer months) guess they will be looking for other Daycare!

Shy
    Oh yes, if this is what happened, I will be taking legal action $1,000 isn't peanuts. I have my contract with their signature.
    I hope not because ... really... what kind of underhanded people are these ... they never gave me one clue that something was up!!

Expansive...
    Sorry to hear this Lucy, I agree with Reggio, I'd be letting the bank know that this money is OWED to you and if THEY don't clear things up you WILL persue legal actions. Maybe MAGICALLY they will be able to contact the family and explain to them their choices.....pay or court?

This really does suck!

My families right now all pay me in cash but I'll have to wait and see with the new family starts in August, if they give me a cheque I will have my "revised" manual that explains cash or EMT only.

Good Luck
    Satisfaction Guaranteed or Double Your Kids Back!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mamma_Mia For This Useful Post:

The ONE family I do take cheques from knows that if this happens, I WILL NO LONGER TAKE THEM! There are also HEFTY LATE FEES --if the cash is not recouped the same day.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy1212 View Post
    It just doesn't fit with this family that they would just leave...
    NEVER underestimate how selfish a dcfamily can be. Seriously.

Expansive...
    Another angle might be that they thought "hey, we're not going to owe the full $1000 this month because we'll be away for a week, we'll just deal with it when we get back"
    Either way, it was completely disrespectful to you and if they did take off, absolutely follow through with legal action for the money. That stinks!!! Let us know what happens!

apples and bananas
    oh that's horrible! I feel awful for you. I just lost one child to daycamps for the remainder of the summer and I'm balancing all of my stuff around... I thought I had it rough.

When do you recieve these cheques? Doesn't make sense that they gave you the cheque and then cancelled within a day or two. I can't quite understand if this is June services or July services, either way, I feel horrible for you. Hopefully you can get it all sorted out on Monday when they return.

I would be hesitant to take that large of amount of money on a cheque.

It always amazes me when I hear these stories. They've trusted their children with you and then they screw you on the way out. UNREAL! I'm so sorry.

Euphoric !
    I don't think the bank can do anything for you unfortunately. I agree with Judy that it sounds like they aren't coming back and this is so selfish and horrible. I hope we're wrong about that.

I too am paid in cash only! Occasionally a family forgets to go to the bank and brings a cheque, but not often and I like it that way.

I wish you luck but I also agree with the poster who said - get your ads up NOW.

BTW ~ for your research

This is an episode of Marketplace that might be helpful if they have indeed put a stop payment on your cheque for services already rendered ... I did not watch in its entirety but this is a quote below from the article ... so there may be hope that you get your money yet and I would definitely call your BANK and explain your side just in case

http://www.cbc.ca/marketplace/2009/b...e_cashing.html

Canadians who think that putting a stop payment on a cheque prevents someone from cashing it might be in for a surprise. As Erica Johnson reveals, a 100-year-old law is being used by some cheque-cashing outlets to make the writer of the cheque pay up -- stop payment or not.
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Inspired by Reggio For This Useful Post:

Shy
    Thank you so much for everyone's input, just trying to get through this week, this family is supposed to come back on Monday from their 2 week holiday so I will soon find out what's going on.
    I still have no clue on what happened. All I know is that I want my July payment!!! even if they didn't want to come back to my daycare for some reason.... they would have had to give me a month's notice! I have the contract with their signatures, I will be taking legal action... $1,000 it's not peanuts! it's almost half of my income...
    Their children are not the easiest kids to do care for either, I had worked so hard with them to get them to where they were now, I potty trained the 3 year old girl, the boy when he came here didn't walk didn't talk was way behind in a lot of things, the daycare was so good for him because he just started walking and saying so many words. I'm going to still give them the benefit of the doubt but if not ... how ungrateful and heartless people can be is beyond me.