Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Phew awesome news for you - frustrating for them for sure with the timing of it all!!!
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Inspired by Reggio For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    Phew!! She must have been in a panic when she heard your messages!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lou For This Useful Post:

Woohoo! I actually thought of you this morning & kept checking the forum for updates LOL...sometimes it does pay to give people the benefit of the doubt.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to country girl For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Wow, that bank story sounds kind of fishy to me, but I had a client who was telling me stories about why she couldn't pay on time in my first year in business. I learned not to put up with any more late payments. I'm really glad this worked out well for you in the end though. Be on alert for any more silly problems, ok?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Momof4 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Momof4 View Post
    Wow, that bank story sounds kind of fishy to me, but I had a client who was telling me stories about why she couldn't pay on time in my first year in business. I learned not to put up with any more late payments. I'm really glad this worked out well for you in the end though. Be on alert for any more silly problems, ok?
    I agree. Fishy. Maybe I am just cynical though. Because my thought is still that she found other care and didn't want to pay for her vacation. I still wouldn't be surprised if she did find other care and it fell through and she came home to that message too.

But, like I said, I have seen so many providers abused over the years I am probably as cynical as they come.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Judy Trickett For This Useful Post:

Shy
    Sounds like they do not want to pay for their vacation time, but they should have told you this in advance and wrote out a new cheque for whatever you agree on. Yes, try to email or text them and ask what the heck is going on? They can send money to you by email or Western Union if they have to. I feel this was sneaky as they did not mention a word to you about payment for the month of July. See if you can get ahold of them first, then advertise their spots. Is your policy to charge Flat Rate (pay whether kids are there or not). If so, then yes they are skipping out on you or just being cheap!

Starting to feel at home...
    Hey June, the issue has already been resolved.

Shy
    Thx so much for all of your replies! Was on my hols camping and for the first time in a long time when I got back last week I was missing my little ones! LOL! I'm really happy everything turned out ok with that family because their little boy ... although a terror... is the sweetest thing. So their bank actually called me and apologized for their mistake it was their error so the bank actually reimbursed me for all the NSF fees, I had 3 cheques going through not knowing that I had no funds in that account! Anyways, hope it doesn't happen again!!

jec
    I consider myself to be positive and always try to give people the benifit of the doubt ~ I just have a feeling that they were on holidays...might not have had enough money for their time away and needed to use the money they were to give to you and then were going to be OK when they got back to give you their money.
    Not to be negative but I think your smart to ask for cash moving forward then there is no mistake.
    I haven't worked in a bank but have done a stop payment before and had to go in and give cheque number and specifics.......just stay on the side of caution with this family with cash and I would even take it a step further with a note to them nicely worded so there is no misunderstandings in the future of I was rushed and didn't get to the bank and here is a cheque.
    Glad it all worked out!! I'm sure they are lovely people but you run a business and need to make sure that your have yourself covered.....just in case. I I have faith in human nature but it's also human nature to look out for ourselves and if they are in a 'pickle' again, they will look out for their own needs first. I really suggest putting together something for cash only moving forward in their contract- a revised payment part and or memo professonallly written
    Glad it was a happy ending