Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Outgoing

Ok, what the heck? (stomach bug)

So dd was sick over the weekend. Saturday she threw up 1/2 - 3/4 of the day, couldn't keep anything down. Yesterday morning(Sunday), she seemed ok and then her temp started going back up and stayed around 100 -101F, she ate fine and kept everything down though. I kept her home from school today to make sure she gets rid of this stupid bug she has and when she woke up this morning her temp was good. I thought great, she's back to normal! A couple hours later, her temp starts to creep up again and is now sitting at just over 100F but again, she is eating fine and keeping everything down...she just says she feels hot and her tummy is hot. WTF...is this some sort of stomach bug that is going around or do you think it's something else?
    The Daycare Room ~ A forum for providers ~
    http://thedaycareroom.forumotion.ca/

Shy
    I would take her to the Dr just to be sure it's not anything else and to put your mind at ease as well. I hope she feels better soon.

Starting to feel at home... Sunflower's Avatar
    I hope she made a speedy recovery .
    Sounds like what we had here ! Started with a new daycare kid, then my whole family got it, and not even 2 weeks later we all got it again ! No one could keep anything down, I ended up losing something like 10 lbs ... all the kids had the runs (sorry for the details lol) Even the kids's parents and siblings got it ! Not fun at all.

Euphoric !
    We are on our third week of a nasty sinus cold with daycare kids, their families and my own in various stages of sick. A couple of the kids have had ear infections to go along with it and one had an eye infection although doctor said it wasn't pink eye as they eye just drained but child still stayed home. Some of the people are on their third time having gotten to feeling somewhat better twice only to fell sick again. Each time they are more and more tired. I am averaging 3-4 hour naps here for the kids and incentive to play is nil. Making for easy days since they sort of just sit there looking at the toys. There are some days where the kind of toy you push a button and it does all the playing does have a purpose and this week is that time.

One of my little ones and her sister have the stomach flu, and decided to give it to me! So daycare was closed today, as both ends were leaking! lol Luckily, none of us had a fever.

Shy
    one of my daycare girl has had a fever of and on for a week and not feeling very hungry has been checked twice by doctor and he says shes fine prob just a virus poor kid