Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Outgoing

Posted 1st ad today, just had 1st phone interview, and 1st meeting scheduled Thursday

Yikes! I had no idea things would move this quickly. Not a complaint, just an oh my gosh... Thanks to everyone for the great ideas I've found by staying up half the night reading posts. I've had an entire education in the past 5 days. Special shout out to Momof4 for the individual advice...so appreciated!!!!
    I'm so glad I got through the first phone interview, and it must have been okay because they are bringing baby to meet me on Thursday. I had another inquiry today as well but haven't set up interview yet.
    Deep breath....
    Diane

Expansive...
    YAAAAAAY FOR YOU!!!!!
    Not everyone gets going this fast so you must be doing somethiung right. Remember to relax during your thursday meeting. They don't just interview you, you interview them too!

Whoot Whoot ~ that is an awesome sign!
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

Starting to feel at home... Toregone's Avatar
    Congrats! That's awesome that you got responses so quickly.

Outgoing
    I guess I read on here that people were having trouble filling, so I totally panicked and figured it would be weeks before I got an inquiry LOL I just have to keep reminding myself now that an interview does mean a sure thing, and I don't want to appear desperate... which I'm not.... yet! I am hoping to start in September with a couple of children, and get to 4 by January. I can only take 4 since I also have my granddaughter, who is not legally "my own" child, of course.

Euphoric !
    You just never know, sometimes you get a whole bunch of responses and sometimes you wait and wait for a response. I brought in a couple children at a time too until I got my bearings and learning as you go is par for the course in this profession.

Congratulations!

Outgoing
    Yes, I figured it would be really good to start one at a time and figure it all out as I go.

Euphoric !
    Congrats! Good luck with your interviews! I also started the first kids one at a time with a month between them...it was good for them and good for me. we all needed to adjust!

Outgoing
    Fortunately, I still teach part-time at the university (one evening per week) in the fall and winter, and I run a scrapbooking retreat centre in my studio 1-2 weekends per month, so I have given myself a year to fill up and turn this into my career. It will be busy at first juggling it all, but hopefully, I can cut back on something else when this is up and running. I do appreciate the luxury of not needing to fill up right away, which is why I'm doing it this way. Those of you who started cold turkey are very brave, and I admire you. I'm a chicken...

I am a stamper and scrapbooker too Treeholm ... I started doing that to get out of the house and interact with people 'in person' to help with the isolation of doing home childcare and not having much time to talk about anything during the day that does not revolve around 'child rearing' or 'Justin Beaver / Bieber' or Spiderman.
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi