Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home...

Holy HEAT batman!

Well, our forecast for tomorrow with the humidity is 48 degrees! We've been managing pretty well so far with a portable air conditioner and a couple of fans, but this is nuts. I'd like to take all the kids and spend the day tomorrow at the community centre/splash pad, but the two little ones wouldn't have anywhere to nap. I'm not sure if they would nap in the stroller or not--should I risk it? I guess if they get really miserable I can bring them home to nap. How's everyone else holding up in this heat?

Euphoric !
    Fine as we are staying at home in the house with the air on - not cooling it down too much but enough to make it comfortable. There are some advantages to a basement playroom and cool in summer is certainly one of them.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to playfelt For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    You must live near me Starshine because that sounds like our forecast for tomorrow. I usually turn my a/c off at night but I'm leaving it on all night tonight to try to keep the house cool and get a head start.

We are staying in tomorrow due to the heat, but it's supposed to rain anyway.

We are staying close to home today ~ going to do backyard water play from 8:30 - 9:30 to get out before it gets 'too' bad and than inside for rest of the day ... but seriously it is already over 30 here with the humidex!

Kinda hoping for a big ole thunderstorm that they have a 'warning' about at the moment cause it will hopefully take some of the humidity away with it!
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

At least you ladies have a/c! We don't, but we're managing here. Today is supposed to go up to 43 with the humidex. We keep our windows open for awhile in the morning, and then close them up, and shut the blinds, ceiling fans and floor fans on. It stays pretty cool in the house until 3-4 ish in the afternoon.

I bring the kiddos outside between 9:30-10 ish to get some outdoor play in, and then in we go to play in the nice, cool basement!

I think I would be fine if I wasn't preggers! lol

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFeet View Post
    Congrats Play and Learn! How far along are you?!

Where is everyone from?
    26 wks....and just south of Ottawa, ON.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Play and Learn For This Useful Post:

oh Play and Learn, I didn't know you were expecting! Congratulations!

I am in the eastern part of Durham Region. It is 40C here right now w the humidex, but we are outside, as I have a back deck that's completely covered. We have the ride on toys and the water table in here. It's not bad, unless you go back inside to my ice cold house ! LOL I keep it at 73F. David Suzuki hates me.

I am venturing a guess that we will stay inside this afternoon, unless we poke our heads out to run in the sprinkler for a bit.

jec
    We were outside early today to beat the heat- early lunch and nap to head out in the sprinkler this afternoon. Stay cool everyone!

Euphoric !
    We are staying inside all day today. Even with water play, some of my crew don't tend to get very wet (they don't like it), so I worry about heat stroke with this type of weather. I have AC so we are doing fine, just a bit couped up! We did some painting with toy cars this morning and some music and dance and this afternoon we will stay in the playroom and have a circle time/puppet show and do some more free play. We drove to pick up my son at preschool and it was so humid and hot out there!

Expansive...
    26 weeks!! yay!

I'm also in Durham region & right now its 36c feeling like 45c!! We also have a Sever Thunderstorm watch for our city....I'm begging for it!

My poor hubby started working at a new 'job site' this week and is on the ground level = no breeze if there was one and no shade, constant sun & heat while working. Poor guy, I feel so bad for him. "BY LAW" they aren't supposed to be working in high heats and are supposed to have water coolers everywhere......but tell that to the PAID OFF union rep who comes to check things out. GRRRR........

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/wea...page_savedcity
    Satisfaction Guaranteed or Double Your Kids Back!!