Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Vegan family

Outgoing
    Interesting point about canola oil and shortening... I won't use them because of the processing. I use olive oil, although it isn't necessarily good for baking. I normally use butter and eggs for baking, often with unsweetened apple juice to add moisture and natural sweetness. I believe when I made the pumpkin vegan muffins I had to get soy milk and there was something else... I just remember it cost me a fortune to bake them, although my friend was touched that I went to all that trouble. I could see making a big batch of them and freezing them for the little one. I would just have to hope that the other children are okay with regular muffins.

jec
    I didn't read past the first page of posts but I am Vegan and don't serve that menu to my daycare kids (my husband and kids aren't vegan) and it can be time consuming and expensive. Someone with this lifestyle is very passionate about their choice and even more so when it comes to raising their kids in the same way. I wouldn't want to be on the recieving end when their child ate something accidental.
    If you decide to pass ~ reffer them to Green Sprouts here in the patch!