Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Starting to feel at home...
    To make a point! Not to have you care for their children.

Anyway, it is still discrimination against a medical condition.

And all along I just kept saying that I thought this discrimination would be protected by law, but no it is not. So there is not much reasons to keep arguing.

Sarah

Dreamtree
    Having someone you are at odds with care for your children in order to make a point seems an odd move for any parent.

It is clear that there are differing opinions on this issue of "discrimination" . And I would agree that the discussion is going in circles.

Enough said.

Expansive...
    hi ladies, just popping my head in here to ask people to try be kind, there are some issues on which we may have to agree to disagree

Euphoric !
    I should think that a parent turned away for this reason would pretty much move on to another provider. I know a number of non-vaxing parents, and if they are looking for childcare in a private facility they fully understand that their decision is not a universally accepted one.

Quote Originally Posted by Judy Trickett View Post
    My own kids are not vaccinated. I don't really care if the kids in care are vaccinated or not. It's NOT my business and it has absolutely NO impact on my daycare. It wouldn't matter if a child was vaccinated or not - if a "serious" (and I use that term lightly) illness were to crop up I would have informed all parents anyway.

Lots of the kids I have in care are NOT vaccinated and to be honest, this is the healthiest bunch of kids I have EVER had.
    Judy, I know exactly what you mean. I also do not vax my kids. I have 1 other dck that is unvax'd as well, whom has only ever missed ONE day for being ill in the 2yrs he's been in my care. ALL my vaccinated kids I've had have had multiple days off due to illness, on meds constantly, alwasy "sick" with something...so I am with you, if I could have ALL unvaccinated kids in my care I'd be in heaven-and richer as they wouldn't be taking so many days off! lol
    INFORMED MO3

Parent's don't get to know who is unvax'd in schools, therefore no need to know who is or is not in my daycare.
    INFORMED MO3

Expansive...
    I know this is an old post but I love vaccination topics !!! Lol I did not vac my dd (she's 5) and believe it is no ones business ! I do not ask and I do not tell !! Lol since once sitting with a group of mothers I answered honestly and there was like a parting of the sea around my child !!