I HATE renovations .... every one we have done has been riddled with those 'reality show' freak shows you always assume are 'exaggerated' for the audience!

My kitchen last year was one thing after another ... this year for my 'vacation' we are renovating my daycare space with new floors and ceilings and fixing dry wall and new paint and so forth.

Well 1st day into the job ~ dudes rip up the flooring to discover that underneath it reveals that some previous owner removed a load bearing post to make the room more open concept and well as a result our 'upstairs' is not being properly supported and the 'floor / basement ceiling' is con-caving as a result

So they remove the ceiling in that area to see them damage and on closure inspecting the 'floor joints' for my main floor are showing fault cracks from the lack of support.... so my main floor could have fallen through on us at any time it is just LUCK that it has not

So while thankful they found this and can repair it ~ means a LONGER repair time and more than we had budgeted for and well now have to 'rethink' the layout of our basement!

Plus my entire vacation is now basically being spent tied to the house to supervise strangers working in it and I was hoping they would be done by the end of this week so next week would be all mine

So anyone else got renovations horror stories to commiserate with me????