Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Expansive...

Birthdays of day care kids

do you anything special?

what about inviting other day kids to their home for a party- is it the "all or none" policy?

Starting to feel at home... Tot-Time's Avatar
    For my daycare the parents bring in the special treat and we have a party. It used to be that we had out daycare friends over too but now it is just a party here with balloons, cake, and presents.
    ~*~ Nicole's Tot-Time Daycare ~*~
    www.nicolestot-time.com

Haven't had to celebrate a bday as of yet, but I think I would make some cupcakes for the kids - have them blow out a candle (practice for home!). I might purchase something small for the child, and that's it!

Shy
    I usually make cupcakes for the bday child and put balloons up and a sign and buy a small gift.

Outgoing
    I bake cupcakes for them to decorate and eat and I buy a gift that they get when going home. As for the inviting other dck to their house for the party...that's up to them. I don't care what they do at home.
    The Daycare Room ~ A forum for providers ~
    http://thedaycareroom.forumotion.ca/

Euphoric !
    A lot of the time parents will send in cupcakes. If they don't then I do large sugar cookies which we decorate. I do not go all out since I deal with infants and toddlers and do not want to steal the thunder from the parents. They should have the privelege of seeing their child's reaction to candles and gifts and such at home. I do a special card signed from their "Friends at Sharon's Home Daycare". I used to give gifts of my felt to the kids for second and up birthdays. Most first birthdays child has only been with me less than a month. I do give them the felt at Christmas and to cut costs had stopped doing birthday gifts. Something I have done is bought a toy for the daycare and then on the birthday day we bring it out to play with because it is a "special" day so we need to add a "special" toy to our playroom. Everyone is happy, I still have a tax deduction for the toy and the toy is still there come monday.

Starting to feel at home...
    I always celebrate the childrens birthdays with a little party at snack. I do not allow treats from home because some of my dckids have allergies. We have a little treat made by me, sing happy birthday and make birthday crowns, I then send the birthday child home with a special gift from me. I do not participate in invitations for other kids birthday parties... it is up to the parents.

Shy
    I always do small balloons, a card and a present from all of us. Sometimes the parents bring a treat and if they don't I usually have something on hand. The odd time it ends up that I will only have one or two on a birthday and then I take them out to do something fun.

Starting to feel at home...
    I do cupcakes at our afterschool/afternoon snack. Sing Happy Birthday, blow out a candle. My sons birthday is next week, he wanted ALL the daycare kids at his birthday party.... but they also all go to school together...

I put a banner on the door. I make cupcakes. We play a few special games reserved just for Birthday days - like Bingo. And I sent the child home with a gift.

I do NOT get involved in the birthdays of dckids with respect to parties at their home etc.