Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Terminating

Outgoing

Terminating

Have you ever wanted to terminate out of spite? Like, you know terminating would completely "screw" them over, but you fantasize about doing it because you KNOW it will "screw" them over? (Obviously, you don't do it though)

What is your WORST client experience?

Quote Originally Posted by Littledragon View Post
    Have you ever wanted to terminate out of spite? Like, you know terminating would completely "screw" them over, but you fantasize about doing it because you KNOW it will "screw" them over? (Obviously, you don't do it though)

What is your WORST client experience?

Every day. I have a client in care that I simply can not stand (the mom, not the kid). They are set to leave in a month and I can not WAIT for them to leave. And, yes, I have thought many times of terminating them early (they have other care set up for right after they leave here) and leaving them in the lurch just to "teach them a lesson" for all the rude comments and general selfishness they have shown over the years. But, alas, I did not do it out of my professionalism.

If I had a family that I hated, I'd terminate. This is my home as well as my business, and I can't have people in my home that I dislike. I can't deal with that kind of stress.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandbox Sally For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    I haven't had that feeling yet...but I haven't been open for even a year yet (almost though!). Give me a couple more years and I'm sure I'll have more to say! LOL!

ooh! had many clients I would have fantasized about punching in the face, let alone termination. This job is difficult in the sence that you have to put up with all dif kind personalities. sometimes you will meet a person that you just dont see eye to eye with. If I were you I would concider filling the spot unless you are just having a bad day with someone, in which case....hang in there tomorrow will be better. What is the person doing thats driving you bonkers?

Outgoing
    I couldn't agree more. If I have family like that and they bother me I will def. get rid of them as I don't want any negativeness in my house or work place. I even cut my ties with friends who always complains and bad things always! happens to them and they always!!! Are right.

I started getting rid of all the negative people around me 5 years ago And my life couldn't be better. Im happy all the time and there is no problem that can get me down. I think clearly, Im more alert and every year I get younger

Don't think twice

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaghetti View Post
    If I had a family that I hated, I'd terminate. This is my home as well as my business, and I can't have people in my home that I dislike. I can't deal with that kind of stress.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cocoon For This Useful Post:

jec
    I've been lucky {knock on wood} to find great families but I had one peach of a couple where their little one was great but, they made me go red in the face.
    Like Alpha said, you don't need the stress and I did terminate them..not easy and it was stressful but life afterwards was GREAT!

Euphoric !
    I terminated one little girl because she cried nonstop for a month and the Mom wanted me to carry her around. Come on! No! It was my first year and I didn't know what to do, but I knew I couldn't do that and keep my sanity and life was so peaceful when she was gone. I just couldn't buy anything for a while.

I terminated a little girl and her brother because this was the most violent 2 year old girl on earth and the parents thought she was an angel. Life was certainly more peaceful and a lot SAFER for all once she was gone and I didn't regret it once.

Now my interview is a thorough screening of the PARENTS, not the child. I tell the parents up front that I will go through anything and I have had a girl scream for 7 months, a boy scream for 4 months and a girl scream for 2 months who are all still here because their parents did everything possible to help me. It all worked out great.

But you MUST have parents who will work with you as a TEAM. That's my motto. You deserve respect and happiness and peace in your daycare life, not super stress daily. That is just no way to live.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaghetti View Post
    Generally, that rule works. But, sometimes you encounter people you just don't like. They aren't bad people. They pay on time. They follow the rules. They are outwardly "good" people in the sense of the world. But they are just annoying or so self-centered etc that they make you wanna scream. And, often you don't know that personality trait until after they are in care and they start to feel comfortable with you. And, if their kid is great then you likely are NOT gonna terminate a family who otherwise follows the rules and has a pretty good kid just because of the annoyance factor of 5 minutes at the door with the parent twice a day. KWIM?

We can NOT terminate them all. Lord knows I try.............but we have to draw the line somewhere.

jec
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy Trickett View Post
    Generally, that rule works. But, sometimes you encounter people you just don't like. They aren't bad people. They pay on time. They follow the rules. They are outwardly "good" people in the sense of the world. But they are just annoying
    perfect wording for why I had to terminate the last family. Miss the little one but the Mother just DROVE me and I hated every morning knowing that I was going to deal with her. It caused more stress than needed.
    So ~ if they are driving you nuts and making you feel this way, it's just not worth it.