I sat in the play room today watching my clock at 5:25 hoping this family would be a few minutes late as it is time to terminate! And ... THEY WERE!!! I was sent a message late afternoon saying a family member would pick up. I waited and they didn't arrive... I had a feeling there was an issue with communication. I sent the text at 5:31 asking where they were... she showed up at 5:36 saying that she was at home... there was a misunderstanding and she didn't even realize XXXX wasn't home. WHAT??? You were missing a child? WOW! (family member babysits her older child at her house.)

I quickly told her that I had somewhere to be and I would see them tomorrow.

So, I am going to wait until I recieve payment on Friday then send a termination email that evening. I see no reason to give any notice as she has already asked me if she can pull him for a family member to babysit over the summer.

I don't have a lot of trust with her either... so I'm a little concerned that if I continue care after termination she will try to stiff me in the end. Not willing to take that risk. She was my first client so I didn't do the deposit towards the last 2 weeks that I do now.

So frustrating! And I don't want to deal with the conflict. But, i still have a bunch of diapers, wipes and some extra clothes they leave here.

Wish me luck! I should have terminated a long time ago, but with both kids in care it's hard to see 2 go at once. But she's pulled her older one, so it's just one spot to fill.