Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Shy
    Reggio, I confirmed with my coordinator, its four weeks of notice. However I can divide it into two weeks to 'try work on things' and then two weeks to be rid of them.

apples and bananas
    Quote Originally Posted by momma View Post
    Thank you guys for your advice.

They are very unhappy with me, and are frustrated but say they are going to MAKE SURE that behavior changes.

We live in a small community and they advised that they are very disappointed in my attitude and will be telling their friends. I said that that was their decision.

I guess we'll see how things go. (however, I think that I will be down one in T-minus 4ish weeks)

Thank you all for supporting me.
    So... this family has told you they're going to bad mouth you... they've expressed their disapointment... yet they still bring their child to you every day?

This is one thing I never understood. Do they think by "threatening" you with telling other people you are suddenly going to change? I find it so strange when people say things like this but are still willing to leave their child in your care.

I'm sorry you have to deal with 4 weeks of termination notice. Seems unfair.

Yes Momma, trust me when I say I have had people threaten me.

They are only trying to make you "bend" they will con't to push your buttons.

We have to remember that we opemed our businesses for us. Not to be dictated to by others, as others would say, you business your rules.

Euphoric !
    I would also tell them that if they DO bad mouth you all over the community that you could sue them for libel! How low!

Euphoric !
    They threatened you ???? Isn't that grounds for immediate dismissal? It is in my contract !!! You said your "coordinator" ..... Are you with an agency ? Will this child be going to school in the fall? Glad your going on holidays for two weeks !! Good luck

Shy
    Give them written notice NOW..at least 2 weeks of it will be your holidays and you can de-stress. They will probably find someone while you are away, especially if he is going to school. Trust me, their friends probably already know what this kid is like, so do not worry about it.

Outgoing
    I guess you must be with an agency or something but i would think that there would be some protection for you and the other children in your care with regard to such a behavioural situation. If there isnt, then there definately should be some support for you from your coordinator with respect to the fact that the parents are threatening you. If in fact it is an agency, then shouldn't your coordinator be dealing with the parents? With agencies like wee watch, if providers have issues they can ask for assistance from the agency to deal with things like this. Good luck. I commend you for following the 4 weeks notice rule,, not sure that I could in this situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by momma View Post
    Reggio, I confirmed with my coordinator, its four weeks of notice. However I can divide it into two weeks to 'try work on things' and then two weeks to be rid of them.