Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I take two weeks in the summer and the week of Christmas/New years. I used to give my parents one weeks vacation free but then they wanted to use those days for their kids sick days so I nixed that. Most parents kind of begrudge our time off because they have to find alternate care and find it a hassle. When parents ask who is my vacation back up I just say whom ever you can find. I give at the very least 4 months notice for my time off.

Outgoing
    I take 4 weeks per year unpaid and I have in my contract that I am entitled to 5 paid personal days per year. I get paid for all stats plus Easter Monday and Christmas Eve. If the parents take vacation time outside of mine then they pay half fees for that time and if a stat falls during my vacation or theirs then full fees are due for those days. So for Christmas this year I am off from Dec 24 till Jan 2 and I get full pay for 4 of those days.

Outgoing
    I take two weeks PAID in the summer and one week PAID during xmas, but during xmas, with xmas day, and new years day, I usually end up only taking 4 days. So far, all the families I've taken in have christmas off anyways. And I have four paid sick days. But now that I'm reading all these answers, I'm wondering if I don't take enough haha however, mine are paid for. There's something in my manual about 4% vacation...I got it from someone else I know that puts that in their manual. I couldn't explain it though lol it seems to make everyone happy. I give 2 months notice for my two weeks during the summer so the parents can work their vacation around mine. It ends up being pretty good for me. I think there is one month the whole year where there isn't a STAT (I take all those - PAID) so each month, I get a three day weekend, and then at xmas I get a week at xmas and 2 weeks at summer. About the same as i would get at a normal job, but with this job, I'm at home to begin with, so I am on a semi-permenant vacation lol as long as the parents and kids dont stress me the F out, then I don't really feel like I'm working

I do four weeks every year.....

That said I give parents 10 weekdays per year to use at thier discretion, they may use it for thier vacation or mine, but they must pay for the remainder of my vacation when the ten days are used up (for full time attendees) and I must have one months notice for any days that they wish to use in that ten day allotment. For pt attendees I give 5 days for thier use and the same polict applies.

Haven't had a problem yet.

Expansive...
    I have in my contract for 2 weeks (usually over the summer) unpaid, and Dec 24-Jan 2 unpaid. I also have "personal days as needed" which are also unpaid (which I hardly ever take!) This works for me so far!

I have run a dayhome for over 30 years...yes I said 30...and I've always taken two weeks in the summer and two weeks at Christmas...Most parents are ok with it...Most of them schedule their holiday around mine in order to save money as I get unpaid holidays...
    RainCanada

No matter what diff. DayCare providers take for time off paid or unpaid, I guess its more important to pick the family thats right for you. Some parents may find it crazy for you to take so much time off and some parents may have no issue with paying you for your vacations. Either way, every ones norm is different just like every parent is different. You just have to find the right one for you.

Shy
    I used to sub for a woman when she took her vacations. The parents knew that I would be there for the month of August. They preferred that to when she used to close down. She preferred it because she held onto her clients. And the children liked it because it was someone new with new ideas.

Euphoric !
    Hmmmm... I take three weeks holidays plus all the stats and 5 personal days all paid.

Expansive...
    I take one week in the summer and one week for the Holidays...unpaid

Parents are allowed 10 days of half-paid vacation days, anything over the 10 days is full-day rate.
    Satisfaction Guaranteed or Double Your Kids Back!!