Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Starting to feel at home...

Scenario: Client wants care in October... It's March now

What do you do? Deposits? Non-refundable deposits? I've never experienced this much advance notice.
    ~ Mama to 4, Dayhome provider ~

I wouldn't hold a spot that long unless they wanted to pay for it. The longest I will hold a spot is for a month or a month and a half and even then that is with a non-refundable deposit and a signed contract.

If your services are THAT important and valuable to a parent then they will pay for them. And if they don't then keep interviewing until you find someone who wants the spot now.

Definitely agree with Judy. Non-Refundable deposit, and a signed contract are the only ways to go.

Outgoing
    I charge a $200/month non-refundable holding fee if they want a spot held that long. They pay this $200 every month until their start date...I'm not holding a spot for free EVER...you want it...you pay for it!
    The Daycare Room ~ A forum for providers ~
    http://thedaycareroom.forumotion.ca/

Outgoing
    Do you put that 200.00 towards fees at any point or is it all just a holding fee (money in your pocket?)

I charge a 150.00 per month holding fee but use it towards the first months fee. I wonder sometimes if I should change that.

Quote Originally Posted by mlc1982 View Post
    Do you put that 200.00 towards fees at any point or is it all just a holding fee (money in your pocket?)

I charge a 150.00 per month holding fee but use it towards the first months fee. I wonder sometimes if I should change that.

Knowing fruitloop my guess is she KEEPS that money. I would too. It pays for the income loss for every month you don't have an actual child IN that space.

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy Trickett View Post
    Knowing fruitloop my guess is she KEEPS that money. I would too. It pays for the income loss for every month you don't have an actual child IN that space.
    Yes, Judy is right, that money goes towards nothing. It is to cover a small portion of my income loss. Now, if i don't have a spot open until a certain time, I would just charge my $200 registration fee and THAT does go towards their last months fees. But, say I have a space that opens up in June and they don't need it until September but want it held, I would charge them the $200 registration fee (which is mandatory upon signing on with me) and then when June comes (when the spot opens) they would have to pay me the $200 holding fee every month from then on to keep that spot open for them until September.
    The Daycare Room ~ A forum for providers ~
    http://thedaycareroom.forumotion.ca/

If I have a full-time child to save a spot for: My f/t rate is $35.

Parents have to pay a non-refundable deposit of two weeks pay: $350. But this will become their first two weeks of the childs daycare fees.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Since I don't even open until June but I filled up fast, I had all parents pay an advance payment of 5 days of care.

If you do not have a space available until October then NO I would not be charging a holding fee, just a 2 week deposit. Buuuuuut if your space is available now then YES charge a "holding fee"