As those of you know who have been following my recents posts know, I've terminated a family due to lates... and a bunch of other red flags... but the termination letter focused on lates.

I keep an active wait list. I almost always advertise and when poeple want to meet with me I take the time and meet with them. If I don't have space but find them to be a great family I put them on my wait list and contact them closer to the required date and let them know if I have space or not.

Well, I interviewed a couple back in May for September care. At the time I had an immediate spot, but did not feel comfortable taking a holding fee for that long. So, I kept their information around. No sooner did I send the termination email as I recieved an email from this family asking if anything had changed and if I had space.

They're perfect! Great family, fantastic hours and better yet... they start in 3 weeks. If I didn't take the time to interview this family I'd still be searching for a replacement stressing over income. Turns out I'm replacing my termination quicker then I even wanted to!