Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: First Interview

Euphoric !
    I ask that the child comes to the interview as well. I'm not playing with the child though, but talking to them once in a while when the opportunity arises. I'm professional and businesslike during an interview with the parents so that they know we are striking a legal contract and that I am in control of the rules in my daycare and serious about my contracts.

However, I tell them all the fun things I do with the children and that I save my nurturing side for daycare hours. Relax and be yourself because stress and anxiety really show up during the interview. But you have to work and deal with these parents, so I watch them nonstop during the interview to see how they react to their child and I want families who match my parenting philosophies. Also remember our saying, we are interviewing the family as well as the family is interviewing us, it's 50/50.

Just following up; how did it go?
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

Ok, good to know for next time I guess!

I think it went pretty well. They want to interview one more day home that is closer to their home, but she did say that the 3 interviews before mine "would not work" but that they found ours to be a positive experience. I wanted to think about it as well anyways so we are going to chat next week. Do you think I should ask to meet the child sooner rather than later or wait until she has met with her other interview?