Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Outgoing

AHHH!! Don't know what to do anymore...

So, I have a kid who does two half days. DAD IS AN IDIOT and is ALWAYS letting him kid nap before coming. The kids go down for naps an hour after this kid shows up. Naturally, he spends his ENTIRE nap time either crying or talking. I'VE HAD IT! I don't want to let the kid go because he's closest to my sons age, so I don't want to let him go until I find someone else his age. Other reasons as well..

What would do? Have you ever been in a situation like this where you have demanded he come full days instead? Would you make them pay for the full day or make them come for the full day but still charge them half days (because in reality, this change would benefit ME not them)

Euphoric !
    Half days are no longer an option at my daycare because of the reasons you have said. I deal with kids that have to get up early and need meals and naps spaced accordingly. Kids must be in care by 9am at the latest.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to playfelt For This Useful Post:

Don't you hate that?

Have you given them warnings already?

If so, I know this sucks, but as we all know our sanity is key in this business, we must thrive to survive right? Terminate.

If no warnings have been given..say you MUST FOLLOW SCHEDULE X or face termination, personally children must be here according TO OUR daycare schedule or find alternate care, no two ways about that.

Good Luck

Outgoing
    warning after warning after warning after warning after warning after warning...one of the BIGGEST reasons I keep him is bc him and my son LOVE each other, and at this point, i don't have anyone else who is around his age. Also, the family is leaving in October bc mom's pregnant, so I know they will have difficulty getting care for only 2 months. But I can't spend the next two months like this. At nap today, I am not joking, I was out of breath and sweating because I was so frustrated. I had to call my husband to calm me down because I was ready to just walk out of the house. (I unexpectedly overlapped two kids - one coming one going, so I have one too many kids for the next two weeks, and I am having a hard time with it. I'm finding myself very stressed, and this break is SO SO SO SO important!) I ended up putting him in the basement in his playpen. But the worst part is, that he is suffering bc his dad is fu**ing moron, excuse the language. I don't know how many time I have to tell him...

I don't want to terminate. I think what I'll do is give them an ultimatum - full days or leave. Then it's up to them. I'm pretty sure I know what they'll choose. Should I do it in a letter or verbally? I jus feel bad for my son.....

Euphoric !
    Honestly, your son will get over it and besides, the child is leaving anyway in October. I would either terminate or do what you suggested and say they have to come full days...but don't work for free! Charge them full days! It's their fault, not yours!

Expansive...
    I understand you not wanting to terminate, but this is unacceptable and they are showing you complete disrespect. Send them home a letter this evening giving them the choice of attending full days, or leaving. Say this arrangement is no longer working, and you require a response by Thursday, as the new arrangement will commence Monday of next week. I'm sorry you are having to deal with this crap!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Lou For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    Can someone help me write this ultimatum letter? I always put too much emotion....

I would do letter, with your signature, put in dads hand and say, "read this after you get home, please call/email with any questions."

Outgoing
    I would not ask him to come full days but still let him pay a half day rate. If I were another parent, I would be very annoyed at having to pay the full day rate if someone else paid half...

Yep, I'm with Playfelt - I don't allow half days either. I need to control the child's ENTIRE day, start to finish, in order for it to work here. If I can't have a kid following routine here then it doesn't work for me.