Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Outgoing

Seperate playroom for dh kids

Does everyone have a seperate room for dh toys/supplies/playing/etc? Or do you just utilize your whole house and have certain toys that come out at certain times?

Separate room for me (our entire basement). It's nice to close the door on the room for the day & it's nice and tidy for the next. Also, mentally when I close the door I am done for the day. But, do whatever your space allows.
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

DONT have any other space for the kids!!!! It is NOT easy this way. We do have a huge out door area that saves us from insanity. but I would give my right arm for a separate area, no a separate house!!!!! It is such a juggle to have the children in your personal space every hour of every day, they even have to nap in our bedrooms. My children feel invaded, my husband as well. I do have the house set up so, ALL the big toys are kept in the basement they rotate for the kids use. and our living room is big, so the couch is on angle in the corner, all the buckets of toys are behind it, its like a little hide out back there, the kids enjoy it. we also have a couple baskets of books in living room. other than that though, we do everything in our personal home, has been VERY wearing especially on my husband, makes me feel guilty. Eyes are peeled for a CHEAP house, I would move in a heartbeat, days in daycare house, nights at my house!!! dream, dream, dream!~!

Outgoing
    I have a dedicated d/c space and we use my kitchen for eating and crafts. I wouldn't have it any other way. I like being able to ignore that space come 5 pm and weekends.
    The Daycare Room ~ A forum for providers ~
    http://thedaycareroom.forumotion.ca/

My entire living/dining area is used for daycare. My kitchen table is in the breakfast area, and we have a family room that is for our family (tv, couches etc). The daycare kids have the run of my whole main floor, though. We, of course, eat at my table. We also nap in our family bedrooms, but I take the pack n plays down every night. It takes 5 min.

The daycare space on the main floor is great, and my kids play in there too.

right now my living/dinning area is my daycare and living area. My husband and I are saving up so we can rent a house. When we do my husband wants our living/tv area in the basement. I told him that would be fine as long as the living/dinning area upstairs was my dc and ONLY my dc. I can't wait to be able to move.

Outgoing
    I use my entire main floor as well. Kitchen and dining room for crafts and meals. Living area is the playroom and the younger ones nap in playpens in our bedrooms. Older ones no longer in playpens rest on the loveseats in the playroom.

Our family uses the basement as 'our' space. No daycare kiddos allowed down there. My son has a separate playroom down there too where he keeps any toys he does not want to share with the daycare.

I love the main floor lighting for the daycare, and I like to have a separate space downstairs so that we can get away from the toys/diapers/ etc that have invaded the main floor

My basement is our main dc area with nap room and washroom. We do our crafts and meals upstairs and have a decent sized backyard for their outdoor play. I think is it important to be able to close the door on your job at the end of the day, especially for us that work from home.

Euphoric !
    I use my main floor for the daycare but I'm in a huge old house that has been divided into apartments and my bedroom, bath & storage rooms are upstairs. On the main floor the rooms for daycare are the 1/2 bath, kitchen, dining room and living room which is also the toyroom & sleeproom. I've learned to organize so that in the evening and on weekends I take back my space, it's important.

Outgoing
    Thanks for the replies. It's interesting to see what everyone else has. I'm trying to re-organize as I'm tired of looking at toys and living in a kids zone 24/7. I originally had the main playroom in the basement. I then moved it to the main level as I was tired of doing the up and down of the stairs with all the small ones. I really liked it at first but am now sick of my main living space being invaded! We made the basement our somewhat kid free hideaway but am finding we never really use it as a family. I've had this mentality that parents want to see a daycare type setting when coming into my home. I'm slowing realizing that the toys/look of my place is not as important as the type of care given. I want to turn my main living room back into a living room that I can entertain in, with minimal toys that the kids can play with and that I can rotate from the basement toys. Ah, I'm just never happy with my set up! It's tough being home ALL day and staring at the same 4 walls!