Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Starting to feel at home... Toregone's Avatar

Termination Letter - Anyone wanna proof read?

So I have decided to terminate my problem child. My first inclination is to simpily stop after the first sentance but then the mom is going to have a TON of questions so I tried to do a short and sweet explaination.

August 3rd, 2012

*** & ***,

This letter is formal notice that care for your son *** will be terminated effective September 3rd, 2012. As you are away I am emailing a copy of this to you and will provide you with a printed copy upon your return. Over the course of the several months *** has been in my care he has not seemed to fully adjust to my home and the other children. We have spoken about this several times and he has had improvements but always seems to regress a short time after. I do not feel that *** is happy here and that is why he had not adjusted. I truly believe he will be happier somewhere else and subsequently I am terminating our care agreement.

As per the terms set out in our contract I am required to provide 2 weeks notice. This letter adequately fulfills this requirement.

Sincerely,

Monkey Doodles Dayhome

------

Thanks in advance for proof reading.

Hi there I am so sorry you felt you had to do this.... Its tough. I just posted something a moment ago.

I would take out:

" I truly believe he will be happier somewhere else and subsequently I am terminating our care agreement. "

Just my 2 cents

Starting to feel at home...
    I would take out the "*** will be terminated" and change it to something like "I will no longer be able to provide care for****" or "will not longer be providing care for *****"

I would leave the rest the same. i DO like the part about him being happy somewhere else

Expansive...
    August 3rd, 2012

*** & ***,

This letter is formal notice that I will no longer be able to provide care for **** effective September 3rd, 2012. As you are away I am emailing a copy of this to you and will provide you with a printed copy upon your return.

Over the course of the several months *** has been in my care he has not seemed to fully adjust to my home and the other children. We have spoken about this several times and he has had improvements but always seems to regress a short time after. I truly believe he will be happier somewhere else and subsequently I am terminating our care agreement.

As per the terms set out in our contract I am required to provide 2 weeks notice. This letter adequately fulfills this requirement.

Sincerely,

Monkey Doodles Dayhome

Little edits...what do you think?
    Satisfaction Guaranteed or Double Your Kids Back!!

Hmmm I like that Mamma Mia. You've stream lined and made it more efficent without changing the overall tone and feel. Mostly I don't want the mom to feel that there is room to negotiate this (she tries to negotiate everything). Does that come across?

Expansive...
    She might negotiate that she will work on him harder to 'get with the program' If she does I would say somehing along the lines of "he isn't happy here and it's not fair to him to force anything. I don't take it personally and the little guy has the right to just not like someone...good luck"
    Satisfaction Guaranteed or Double Your Kids Back!!

Outgoing
    If you really want to take away room for negotiation, I would change "I will no longer be able to provide care" to "I will no longer be providing care." Take your ability to provide care out of the equation so she doesn't try to convince you that you ARE able to provide care.
    Diane

Starting to feel at home...
    I think that the edited version is perfect with treeholms sujestion of "I will no longer be providing care for"

Great!! Thanks ladies. I am ready to email this off to her tonight. Normally I wouldn't do email but I want to give an exact month and she is out of town and her mother has been doing drop off and pick ups.

Euphoric !
    You know you are doing the right thing and you will breathe so much easier and enjoy your days once it is done. Nobody likes confrontation, but the emailing to give the proper amount of notice and the written letter when they return is a great idea.