I am thinking of providing before/after school care, in addition to the full day childcare I provide. I am a 10-minute walk from the school in our neighbourhood. Come September, I will have a 2 1/2 year old, a 14-mth-old and a 12-mth-old.

I'm thinking that the twice daily walks in the winter are going to be hell. I will have the two youngest in a double stroller, and the sidewalks are not always plowed that early in the morning. Also walks in the rain will not be fun. At least right now, we don't have to go anywhere if the weather is crappy, but with b/a care it won't be optional.

For those of you who have done b/a care, are there any good experiences you could share? Or is it as bad as I think it will be?

The two reasons I am considering this are 1) my finances need a boost as I'm having trouble filling full time spots, and 2) I have a school-age child myself who I think would enjoy the company.

I'm also wondering what people would pay for it. The going rate around here is $15/day, which seems insanely low to me, considering all the extra work it is going to be!