Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7
    Seriously Darasmommy you need to stop and ask yourself why are you so bitter and angry towards ALL home childcare providers ... if your sentiments were TRUE and this was such an easy job to do and so much money in it than WHY is there such a shortage of quality childcare options for clients? Why doesn’t every city have an abundance of people lining up to be a home childcare provider? Why isn’t every corporate business opening up a childcare program in their establishments for their employees? My guess is that you know VERY LITTLE about what it truly takes to help raise OTHER people’s children and what a day in the life of a child care provider truly entails!

Quote Originally Posted by darasmommy View Post
    You all should reconsider what you post here. It truly is disgusting.
    I do not think that many of the ladies on here need to ‘reconsider’ what they post about as we are fully aware it is disgusting the things they have to post about ... it breaks my heart day after day to read about professional business women having to vent because once again they are dealing with ...
    • Clients who signed a contract of agreement for service and then decided that they do not need to abide by that agree because well they did not really bother to ‘read it’ assuming after all we are just ‘babysitters’ and are not to be taken seriously and when the provider stands up and states ‘you signed agreement’ the client gets their knickers in a knot and pulls for care without notice leaving the provider either without income or having to take the time and energy to sue in small claims court
    • Clients who think it is acceptable to use a service and then just pay late or not pay for it all for said service but when the provider stands up and says ‘hey this is not acceptable’ than they get called a money grubbing bitch who is just in this for the money
    • Clients who medicate their children and send them to program without the respect or consideration of informing the provider so that she has the resources in information needed to make informed decisions about how to meet that child’s needs putting their own child at risk while posing a great risk.
    • Clients whose children are being raised to be aggressive who hit and kick and bite the provider and when the provider seeks assistance and help for curbing and controlling this behavior the clients response is ‘oh no not my little Johnny he’s an angel.
    • Clients who show up before the business is open or after it has closed and do not think that should have repercussions

Seriously I could go on and on about all the various DISGUSTING things that many providers have to deal with on a daily basis .... once again it is a testament as to WHY there is such a shortage of quality childcare providers in the field because the truth is for many that while we love working with the CHILDREN it is a thankless stressful job because they are constantly having to deal with less than ideal CLIENTS with unrealistic expectations and judgements day after day who burn them out!

Thankfully as an enlightened individual I do not paint ALL clients with that brush and able to realize that while there are indeed ASSHATS in the world that there are also amazing clients out there too and I hold out doing what I do so I can attract them into my program ... I am blessed to work with amazing clients who share my values and respect and appreciate me and I am blessed with that because over my 25 years in the field I have learned how to weed out the SELFISH UNREALSTIC CLEINTS who would do things as listed above as well as in case my radar is ever fooled I have learned to put policies and procedures in place to protect myself and my income from someone who would try to take advantage of me ... and I have done that through networking with peers in my field and learning from their experiences they’ve shared through venting and brainstorming ideas ... these ‘disgusting’ stories while disheartening allow providers to learn from them and grow to be better stronger business owners and ensure that there continues to be access to quality childcare experiences ... because without forums and networks to seek out support more and more providers would leave the industry creating greater shortage of childcare!

You want to have a better childcare experience for your daughter instead of coming on here and tearing providers DOWN and causing more of them to think 'yup this is what clients are like and why it is time for me to leave the field' so we loose yet another provider .... how about coming on and giving helpful advice on what, as a parent, you would like in a childcare experience and perhaps we can help you with questions to ask and what to look for when you tour and interview to ensure you get a quality childcare experience!

Cause if you truly READ the threads on this site and got past the 'venting' we have to deal with to take the time to listen to the ADVISE being given you would see that we all share the goal of wanting to make our business thrive to be awesome places for our own children and the others children and sometimes people just need to hear 'yes that was a horrible way you were treated' so they can find the courage to DEAL with the issue and move past it!
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Inspired by Reggio For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7