Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: TV watching

Euphoric !
    Littledragon, you are at the end of your rope by the sound of your post so don't feel guilty about finding a solution to the problem temporarily with tv. I put it on once in a while first thing in the morning while I prepare breakfast or just before naptime while I get all the beds set up and sometimes at the end of the day because I have one little boy who is here all alone for the last 1/2 hour of his day. This doesn't happen every day by any means and the children know when I say, sit down and watch a cartoon for a little while that it's a treat at my house because I have a lot of work that I have to catch up on and things have gotten a bit out of my control.

When I have a new screamer starting I can't wait to get out of the house because they are usually so much better outside than inside. It must be very scary for the little ones when they are new and tv is probably something that he sees at home which comforts him. I know a few of the children in my care see a lot of tv at home so I don't feel guilty if they are watching it for 10-15 minutes at a time here, no biggie!

I personally dont think there is anything wrong with a "little" tv. however, the parents opinion should come into play a little. I wouldnt make it a habit though it can become a reliance for the child (very unhealthy) just put on an educational program until he is past this teething thing or until he gets through his moment of unhappiness then slowly wiene him off. TV is like a drug though be careful.....some kids can become dependant. like a sickness!!!!!!