Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

apples and bananas

New Kid, First Day... doing amazing!

Just wanted to share my success with everyone. I have a new little one that started today. I was concerned about a few things... not holding a bottle, not self soothing, still on puree'd foods. But, we tried him anyways. He's amazing! He came to me right away, he didn't cry at all when mom left, he's been playing great with the other kids. I also got him to hold his own bottle, and he went to sleep within 10 minutes of crying by just putting him down on his back over and over again letting him know it's time to sleep. ( mom soothes with a bottle and lays him down asleep or almost asleep at home)

It's days like these that make me feel like an amazing daycare provider.

Shy
    Good to hear your positive experience. I have accepted a "high needs" little boy who starts next week. I am preparing myself to get no break at nap time, listen to crying all day etc. I have had such amazing luck transitioning so far, but I just don't see it going smoothly with this little guy. He's been over with his mom for a few play dates so far and he screams whenever I try to touch him or even if I get to close. Hopefully I have a nice surprise instead and some of your magic rolls my way

Outgoing
    That's great! Congrats!! Glad to hear it's all going well for you!

Outgoing
    Glad all is going well for you

I have new baby started last month. And she has been amazing. No crying, nothing. As soon as her dad drop her on the floor she came to me her arms open. Her dad was amazed and told me she wouldn't go to anyone. They came here twice, ones for the interview and the other one for signing the contract. I told them what to do before they start here and they said they did whatever I suggested that's all. She is been amazing with me and with other kids. This kid is the easiest kid among the others

I will have 2 more babies starting one in September part time first and the other one is in October. I'm just hoping and praying that they will Beas good as this one

Expansive...
    I'm so happy to hear these great 'First days' all around!

Keep that vibe going towards the other new kids so they get the 'memo' too LOL
    Satisfaction Guaranteed or Double Your Kids Back!!

Euphoric !
    Those children are few and far between but it's wonderful when that happens. Yahoo for you!

Oh I hearing the success stories ~ I will have two newbies again this fall and with all the horror stories lately about screamers I was starting to stress but it is nice to be reminded that there are indeed 'easy to transition' children out there
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

I too have a great new family.....

They just started August 1, and mom and dcg are both soooooo awesome, she's a traveling post sec. counsellor for her native band...And guess what she keeps her home on the days she travels and doesn't demand those days for free-- oh and also guess what? She keeps her daughter home when she is sick....I really am so happy to have another golden family!!

Good for you!!!!!!! hold on to that family as long as you can, although I have had many "nice" families with "nice" kids, I have had few "terrific" families with "terrific" kids!!!!! sounds TERRIFIC!!!!