Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I agree ~ if I was at the point of considering to terminate a client ... specially because they were not 'adjusting' and screaming all day long and being disruptive to the whole group I would not be giving 'notice' I would refund any monies owing in lieu of notice and think of the lost income as an investment in my sanity and the best interest of all the other children in my care including the leaving child ~ why make her continue to come if she is truly not a fit for the group cause it does not benefit anyone?

Mind you regardless of your choice to refund or not I just cannot imagine as a parent choosing to SEND my child under such circumstances just to get my 'monies worth' either .... seriously I know that this is going to sound very judgmental but I cannot help but ask what message does that send about the priority that kid plays in their life if they are HOME anyway cause they are not working and they are choosing to send their child to a program the kid is not thriving in and the provider openly admits that the child is not coping or adjusting .... what kind of 'debate' do you have in your head as a parent to come to the conclusion each morning listening to your child SCREAM like that up the road and saying to yourself 'I know you hate this honey but you gotta suck it up baby cause mama's gotta get her $35 worth today'????

Just do not know how they could do it ~ specially being HOME anyway????
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

Outgoing
    No no, sorry. Mom gave the notice because she couldn't find a job and continue to pay. It was a big thing. I needed her last two weeks in order to pay my bills so I enforced my policies and made her give 3 weeks notice. The little girl is only 11 months old. I was just having a really stressful day and was looking forward to nap time, and she kept everyone up, banging and yelling. But it's OK. Cause today is her last day and I am SO happy!! lol

Outgoing
    [QUOTE=Inspired by Reggio;22220]Mind you regardless of your choice to refund or not I just cannot imagine as a parent choosing to SEND my child under such circumstances just to get my 'monies worth' either .... seriously I know that this is going to sound very judgmental but I cannot help but ask what message does that send about the priority that kid plays in their life if they are HOME anyway cause they are not working and they are choosing to send their child to a program the kid is not thriving in and the provider openly admits that the child is not coping or adjusting .... what kind of 'debate' do you have in your head as a parent to come to the conclusion each morning listening to your child SCREAM like that up the road and saying to yourself 'I know you hate this honey but you gotta suck it up baby cause mama's gotta get her $35 worth today'????QUOTE]

I hear ya!! This is the same woman who brought her child to daycare knowing there was a strong possibility that my son had either pneumonia or croup and brought her anyways because she "just had too many things to do to keep her home" She got croup and they had to hospitalize her. Talk about priorities!