Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Outgoing

Disruptive behaviour

Last post today I promise lol at least I gave you guys a few days vacation from my multiple questions lol

So, ok, I have a little girl who is leaving Friday. For the past three weeks, she's been REALLY disruptive. She won't nap anymore and she wakes up the other kids by yelling and rocking her playpen back and forth. She shares a room with another little boy is SUPER teething and NEEDS his naps (I have no choice but to make them roommates). I tried asking mom if she was sleeping well at night because I wanted to broach the subject about her lack of naps, and all she said was yes. I didn't even bother telling her about the naps, because I could tell she just didn't care (she's mad at me because I made her follow the agreement she signed and give me three weeks notice). I really want to tell mom it's time to go, that today will be her last day instead of Friday. I'm sleep training a little boy right now and the two of them combined make my afternoons pretty unbearable!

What would you do? Considering she's already given her notice, should I just stick out the next two days (forfeiting my afternoon break) or should/could I say that today is her last day? It's also making activities difficult because I have an overlap of kids - not enough "travel equipment" for the kids. Mom is already mad at me and refuses to give me a reference, so I'm not worried about tarnishing any relationship we have.

What do you think? What would you do in my situation?

PS: She paid up front for the two weeks so I'm not worried about her trying not to pay, but I am worried she's going to try and get the last two days back. I do have a blurb in the policies about not following guidelines and being let go without notice but since she already gave notice...

I know I sound like a whiny little baby, but I'm SUPER tired of not having my breaks and always having one kid who just won't nap. I've noticed that she's the instigator and not the one who I originally thought it was....

Starting to feel at home... Toregone's Avatar
    I would stick it out or refund her 2 days. Terminating her without notice 2 days prior to her end date anyway and then not refunding her those days is really a terrible thing to do. Yes it sucks to have to spend the next couple days dealing with a problem child but unless you are prepared to part with the money (and sacrafice your repuatation a bit as I'm sure that the mom will be more than happy to tell people what a horrible position you put her in) suck it up and deal for 2 more days.

I know you are forced to put them in the same room but if he's not napping at all anyway what purpose is it serving to have him in a room where he disrupts others? Perhaps a playpen in the room where you spend naptime would be less disruptive. It gaurentees you won't get your break but it sounds like you won't anyway so you might as well perserve the sleep for the other children.

Outgoing
    Agree with above. I know it sucks but it's only 2 more days. Hang in there.

Outgoing
    I'm just having such a bad day

apples and bananas
    Yes, 2 more days and then you're done. Go out and have a nice dinner friday night to reward yourself for going through all of this. I realize you don't have a good realationship, but if she's going to talk about you... you don't want to give her any more reason to talk. I've been there and it sucks! But it's just 2 more days... you've done it for this long you can keep going for 2 days.

jec
    I agree with the ladies,stick it out. It's tough not getting a break..no way you could put her somewhere else where she won't wake the others...or let the other's sleep and bring her with you just to keep her quiet and your sanity in tack while the teether sleeps?
    Good luck ~ grab a few red bulls for tomorrow TGIF!! ((Hugs))

Starting to feel at home... Toregone's Avatar
    Awww I hope your evening goes much better than your day.

Nasty to not offer you a reference. Stick it out, the end is near and give yourself a nice reward for being the better person.

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by mimi View Post
    Nasty to not offer you a reference. Stick it out, the end is near and give yourself a nice reward for being the better person.
    She only didn't want to get me a reference bc her daughter was only here for a month and there was a holiday and an illness so she never did a full week. She's taking her out bc she couldn't find a job. BUT I DID lower my rate for her so she could afford care, I DID go to my husband and see if he could get her a job at his company, I DID take exceptional care of her daughter, and I DID teach her child to eat, use a sippy cup and nap...so not offering me a reference...doesn't make me happy. Whatever.

Euphoric !
    Sorry for the bad time you are having, but when you terminate a bad client or a problem child it's sometimes better to finish it immediately and not stick it out for the last two weeks. It's stressful for you and the clients and the child. Usually when you terminate it's because of the parents, so do you think the Mom is saying bad things about you to the child and stressing out the child? There are all kinds of weird people in the world.

I've only terminated twice and in my first year of business and they left within a day or two which was bad for my finances but fantastic for my sanity.