Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    apples and bananas
    Yes, the confrontation sucks! I think that as long as everything is understood upfront there shouldn't be a problem.

I would maybe send her an email this weekend quoting the agreement and advising her that $XX is due prior to care on Monday in order to her child starting their day at your daycare in order to bring her account up to balance. And that's all I'd say. I wouldn't threaten to not care for the child etc.

When she comes on Monday, if she doesn't offer it to you right away I would say something like "$XX is owed to complete last weeks payment" If she argues or doesn't have it, then refuse care. "I'm sorry, but my policies states that I can't continue care for a child until the account is where it should be" And take it from there. Sounds like she's the type that might get snippy, and all the better if she does. At least if she get's snippy you can let her know that she can contact you by phone to finish the conversation if she'd like, but it's not a conversation you're able to have during daycare hours and ask her to leave.

I know... all is easier said then done. Try not to stress over it and enjoy your weekend. You deserve to get paid and if you have a contract you need to enforce it. If you let it go, what is she policy is she going to break next?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to apples and bananas For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    In my contract I also have a late payment fee ...I would charge her the late payment fees at well. You did not receive your full payment on time.

Expansive...
    ********** UPDATE ************

Mom just replied 3hours later "I'll come by to drop it off in the morning, if you aren't home, I'll leave it for you somewhere".

Should I discuss anything with her tomorrow (if I'm home)? Tuesday morning at drop off pretend like nothing happened?
    Satisfaction Guaranteed or Double Your Kids Back!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mamma_Mia View Post
    ********** UPDATE ************

Mom just replied 3hours later "I'll come by to drop it off in the morning, if you aren't home, I'll leave it for you somewhere".

Should I discuss anything with her tomorrow (if I'm home)? Tuesday morning at drop off pretend like nothing happened?
    Definitely bring it up. It NEEDS to be discussed, and shouldn't be hushed away. You don't need this to happen again. I know you said you don't like confrontation, neither do I, but people have to understand why we have these rules and regulations! Good luck!

Expansive...

The plot thickens.....

Here we go...

Mom just text me again with...

"I saw my OB today (I wonder if she took her daughter with her :roll as well and he put me on a bed rest anyhow. I can continue to work for 2 weeks so I guess I'll use it as my two weeks notice to you too for taking **** out of daycare. I don't want to leave you short, so I wont tell my OB. I'm sure I'll be fine".

JESUS!!!

Way to put a guilt trip on me? So if she continues to bring dcg to me for the 'remaining' two weeks and something happenes to her or the baby then it's my fault? because its the "two weeks notice" rule as per the contract.....nice move! She's 27wks along.

Should I offer her to pay the two weeks upfront and not have to travel as to not risk anything?

Expansive...
    Geez!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can the Dad bring the child? Empathetically tell her sorry that she has to be on bedrest, and thank her for the 2 weeks notice saying that you'll really miss *****. Then ask if Dad or a grandparent would be able to drop the child off so she doesn't overdo it?

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    Geez!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can the Dad bring the child? Empathetically tell her sorry that she has to be on bedrest, and thank her for the 2 weeks notice saying that you'll really miss *****. Then ask if Dad or a grandparent would be able to drop the child off so she doesn't overdo it?
    I was thinking along the same lines! What a day!

Euphoric !
    Ok I'm totally confused ..... This is for a child thats already been given two weeks notice ???? I thought this was just a child who was sick and the parents didn't want to pay for sick days ..... I though I had a good grasp of what's transpired and now I'm totally out in left field ....

Expansive...
    This was for a child who was sick for two days....I now feel the mom is so pissed that I've made her pay that she's taking the child out of daycare and "following the contract" but making me feel guilty about it in hopes that I'll just say -don't worry, don't pay-

Shy
    I have no advice since my daycare doesn't open till January and I just more or less lurk here right now but just needed to say WOW!!!!