Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Expansive...
    Tough. Stick to it anyways, she can pay up front if she can't get out of bed. (she's going to work anyways!)

Starting to feel at home... Sunflower's Avatar
    If she wants to pull her, that's her choice.
    If you don't care about the $ and don't want to have to see her , you could jut tell not to come back.

Good luck and good job sticking up for your hard earned$ .

Euphoric !
    Excuse me Mamma Mia, but do NOT feel one iota of guilt for any reason. These problems are not yours, they are HERS! I'm usually a softie but this is making me really mad! The only way a guilt trip works is if you let it work. You are in control of your business and your rules and you are enforcing them and as a business woman you have no reason to feel guilty about enforcing them. Would any other professional service person feel guilty about your problems. Do you think your doctor or electrician would feel guilty if you couldn't pay? No, they would take you to collections! So be tough and strong and put that guilt down the drain NOW!!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Momof4 For This Useful Post:

apples and bananas
    Didn't her message say she can work for another 2 weeks? Seems awfully convenient that she's suddently put on bed rest. How does that work anyways? Bed rest with another little one around? She is going to risk less bringing her to daycare and going home to actually rest in her bed then she would making meals, chasing around, playing etc. You have nothing to feel guilty about. She can give 2 weeks notice and not bring her child, but still pay. That's called fulfilling an agreement. If her bedrest was that important and she was the kind of person that followed through on her word then she would do just that. She wouldn't risk her unborn child to fulfill 2 weeks notice just so she feels she's gotten her money's worth.

As far as addressing it on Tuesday, I think this ones a lost cause and not worth the stress of a confrontation. She hasn't done anything wrong except not pay you and that she is fixing by coming tomorrow to complete payment. She didn't bring her child to you sick, although it seemed like she threatened too. If by chance she stays with you and she does eventually bring the child sick, deal with it then and give a warning for not following policies.

Expansive...
    Thank you all for all your supportive words....I need some "back up" at times!!

I almost slipped....These are MY rules and you can not change them or TRY to make me feel guilty to change them.

The way I see it:
    A) she said she went to the Dr today? so did she bring her puking child to a room full of pregnant women?
    B) is on bed rest but allowed to work two weeks? - BullSh!t if you're put on bed rest it's NOW not in 2 weeks to be still working!!!
    C) You said you can have 2 working weeks left but wont tell you're OB that dcg is still coming to daycare? - why? if you CAN work why would you hide THAT from your OB?
    D) I'm sure I'll be fine - DO NOT try to guilt trip me!!!

So NO - now I'm mad and "how dare you"? I'm NOT going to talk about anything with her now...as long as I get my $, I don't care. She MAY just not show up tomorrow or ever....but it's a risk I'm willing to take.

I replied to her with "Oh geeze! I'm sorry to hear that. Bed rest sucks! Thank you for the 2 weeks notice, I'll miss ***** for sure! Can DAD or gma drop her off so you don't over do it?"
    Satisfaction Guaranteed or Double Your Kids Back!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mamma_Mia For This Useful Post:

Lou

I am willing to bet that she is at home fuming over having to apy only because her child is still sick and shes stressed out/overwhelmed. If she is a deccent person and values your care (which is THE ONLY type parent we want) she will come to her senses as soon as the illness is over and get you your money. Just keep firm on the fact she owes you, dont buckle. It's so easy to do when you are a nice person, even tell her that you feel for her and understand but point out to her, just as it was unfortunate that she had to put up with the illness and lose a days work, you also dont want to lose taking her child for care, but life can be infortunate we adults have to deal with it. sympathise with her rather than be hard on her, but let her know she does need to pay per contract. just think, IF her child spread that illness to the daycare and it went through all the kids, calculate how much cash you would lose IF you didnt charge any of them for their 2/3 day absence over illness! that would be majority of your income. (plus youd be next to get sick and close for 2/3 unpd. days)

wooooh! okay missed a message or two, sorry!!!!!!! this ladies a freak of a pregnant woman, didnt know she was expecting!!! that explains it maybe, she has alot on her plate, plus raging hormones. oh, just get your two days due and give her the heave ho! no two weeks, just tell her to stay home with her child on "bed rest".

I hate this stuff too. I would give her the two weeks to find care but I would have her pay in advance. If she balks at this just tell her termination weeks require it. Stand firm. If she refuses, then she has decided not to have the two weeks and should go.

Starting to feel at home...
    Quote Originally Posted by apples and bananas View Post
    How does that work anyways? Bed rest with another little one around? She is going to risk less bringing her to daycare and going home to actually rest in her bed then she would making meals, chasing around, playing etc. You have nothing to feel guilty about.
    Completely agree with this.

Euphoric !
    Applause, applause!

Quote Originally Posted by Mamma_Mia View Post
    Thank you all for all your supportive words....I need some "back up" at times!!

I almost slipped....These are MY rules and you can not change them or TRY to make me feel guilty to change them.

The way I see it:
    A) she said she went to the Dr today? so did she bring her puking child to a room full of pregnant women?
    B) is on bed rest but allowed to work two weeks? - BullSh!t if you're put on bed rest it's NOW not in 2 weeks to be still working!!!
    C) You said you can have 2 working weeks left but wont tell you're OB that dcg is still coming to daycare? - why? if you CAN work why would you hide THAT from your OB?
    D) I'm sure I'll be fine - DO NOT try to guilt trip me!!!

So NO - now I'm mad and "how dare you"? I'm NOT going to talk about anything with her now...as long as I get my $, I don't care. She MAY just not show up tomorrow or ever....but it's a risk I'm willing to take.

I replied to her with "Oh geeze! I'm sorry to hear that. Bed rest sucks! Thank you for the 2 weeks notice, I'll miss ***** for sure! Can DAD or gma drop her off so you don't over do it?"

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Momof4 For This Useful Post: