Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Expansive...
    Did she reply to your last message Mammamia??

Outgoing
    She's just taking her out of child care and giving herself two weeks to find another provider. She's blaming it on "beyond her control" but really she's just mad and knows she'll be able to retailiate with enough time to find herself a provider. I always reccomend requiring a full MONTHS notice and only accept notice on Friday. This eliminates people making quick decisions like this when they are angry. They have to wait till Friday to give the notice and they have a full calander month to pay. I also accrue paid time off at 1.5 days per month so any unused portion of that will also be due. From the day the parent gives notice they usually owe me about 6-800 dollars to get out of the contract. That kind of money makes people think twice.
    Home of child care expertise. Child care consultant for home providers, child care centers, and parents. http://daycarewhisperer.com/
    Please join us on Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/daycare.whisperer

3. The Following User Says Thank You to daycarewhisperer For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    Okay, so she's going to go to work for 2 weeks just because she has to pay you and give notice. Sounds weird to me. why would she put her health and that of her baby's at risk? The other thing is if she is on bedrest and she takes the child out of your care who is looking after the child? Just doesn't make sense to me. I think she may not be being totally honest with you, seems a huge coincidence that it happens now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamma_Mia View Post
    Here we go...

Mom just text me again with...

"I saw my OB today (I wonder if she took her daughter with her :roll as well and he put me on a bed rest anyhow. I can continue to work for 2 weeks so I guess I'll use it as my two weeks notice to you too for taking **** out of daycare. I don't want to leave you short, so I wont tell my OB. I'm sure I'll be fine".

JESUS!!!

Way to put a guilt trip on me? So if she continues to bring dcg to me for the 'remaining' two weeks and something happenes to her or the baby then it's my fault? because its the "two weeks notice" rule as per the contract.....nice move! She's 27wks along.

Should I offer her to pay the two weeks upfront and not have to travel as to not risk anything?

Sorry to hear that she is acting so selfishly! Her story is full of holes and she would cut her nose of despite her face, so say good bye, and wish her well. People like that you do not need, a contract is just that..an agreement between people that states all the rules and regulations of your daycare. How some folks want everything for free…people like that are only seeing the $$$ going out of their wallets and not thinking about your effort of taking care of their child. I have this argument with my sister in law and even my brother when it comes to paying their daycare provider!!! They only think they should pay for the time spent not for sick days or holidays!!! WTH!!! Are you kidding me?? Really?? They too read,and signed their day care providers contract yet they still complain about the $$.
    LOL!! Here is my response to my kin on this exact situation: So how would you feel if your boss called to tell you that you are not needed today because your job was given to another person for the day and you would not be getting paid? What…you would be mad…but why? he called you to let you know before you actually left for work. What? because you were hired for that job? andYou have bills to pay? I then smile and say: you hired her to take care of your children did you not?so pay her,she too has bills,do you think her bills are any different than yours? but, you feel you shouldn't have to pay her for days not worked..how does this differ from when you are sick and can't go to work? Does your boss not pay you then? oh he does ,so what the heck is the problem??? Oh ,I see you have no answer, but, you still feel your daycare provider shouldn't get the same privileges you do at work. I take it you feel she does not work hard enough for her $$ and you do? Well let me tell you sweet heart…she works damn hard and longer hours than you do too so remember that!!!
    Holiday pay you ask? yes pay her holiday pay..you get holiday pay so pay her too..she works, she too gets holidays, she gets paid ..same as you. No difference….just it comes from your pocket and not your bosses…part of the responsibility of being a parent who chooses to work….or even has to work….you must pay to have your child taken care of…. very simple logic ….
    In my sister in laws case she is just plain old CHEAP…and my brother follows her lead as he has to live with her!!! The other thing that burns my behind is paying for stat holidays….some don't feel they should have to pay for that either….again I ask..do you get paid? Thought so..so pay up and stop cheating her out of her $$$!!! In their case she takes her kids no matter what…if she is paying then the kids will be there( other than on holidays and stat holidays…but, trust me she complains loudly that she is paying this "CHICK" good hard $$$ for nothing!!! Grrrr…..makes me soooo mad….I respond back with…do you like knowing that the kids have a safe place to go everyday, and have fun, and she is on the bus route so you don't have to pay extra fees for getting them to and from school, and you don't have to worry about where the kids will go tomorrow ?? That is what you are paying for you ""Idiots" security and knowing that your kids are safe and having fun!!! Wow …talk about being cheap and stupid…and this is in my own family!!!
    I have this argument yearly with them and they compare my daycare rules against their providers rules and that too bugs the pants off of me too….we all have our own rules and that is why contracts are written up so the parents can read, understand, and sign them so there are no surprises…yet we still have struggles to deal with when it comes to $$. Blows my mind that even with a signed contract we have to REMIND PARENTS of what they signed when they "FORGET" to pay us the $$$ they owe us….How would they like it if we "forgot to get up in the morning" to let them in the door or we "forgot " to pick up their child from school !!! Something tells me that would not go over very well….
    Sorry for the long winded email, but, it gets my goat when we all still have to deal with people who do not honour the very contract they said they read and signed!!!
    So stick to your rules of your contract….they read it and signed it ..done deal!!
    If she pulled her,she wasn't meant to be there in the first place….there are great parents out there who honour the very paper they signed and live up to their end of the deal….so cross your fingers and pray the next family you get are better than the let one.
    Be sure to clarify everything you have written in your contract next time…I sit down with the parents and go through everything before hand so they understand what it is they are signing…no surprises for anyone then!!!!
    Good luck !!