Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Starting to feel at home... Toregone's Avatar

Just spotted this ad on Kijiji... WTH?

We're looking for a Caucasian lady in a dayhome to care for our 1 year old girl from mon-fri. Early mornings are required between 6:00 and 6:30(depends on drop off location) as I start work at 7 am-3:30 pm. I live on the southside near Ellerslie rd but work just off St . Albert trail. I travel 111 ave to 119 st and groat rd, hoping for southside location but consider any possibilities that are on my route. Please call or text need for Sept.

Am I the only one that sees something wrong with this ad? It actually makes me angry that someone is that specific in looking for care for thier child. Way to teach them inclusion of all races..

Euphoric !
    Yes, that is a very disappointing ad. It is sad in this day and age that there are people like that still teaching their children to hate

Oh wow!!!!! So wrong!
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

Well, Good Luck To Them...I havent seen very many coc-eyed-asian ladies doing Day Care. Like a needle in a hay-stack!

Shy
    I had a phone call yesterday to inquire about my services and the very first thing out of the woman's mouth was " Are you a Muslim" Ummm no and if it that is truly why not look with in your own community/family. Geez.

Wow - yup I would report that as offensive and sure would not respond to one like that - talk about not sharing the same values
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

Euphoric !
    Respond thusly: Prejudiced people need not apply!

No, just ignore it.

Starting to feel at home... Toregone's Avatar
    I really wish I could reply. I have thought out a very well worded response. But I know it's not worth it and that at best I wont change thier line of thinking and at worse I could get into an email argument with someone I don't even know.

Could you imagine if you put in your advertisement "please no black children, asian children, mexican children, native american children, muslim children or any other race, religion, or belief outside mine. as if the love is different if the skin or belief is different.

Although on the very same note: if your blunt and to the point I guess you will get exactly what you want. some people have nerve, thats all!

Outgoing
    yikes. That's brutal.