Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control

Threaded View

Expansive...

Ahh it's getting ugly....short payment

DCG who's 3 stayed home Wednesday & Today because she'd been throwing up since Tuesday dinner-time.

1st - mom text me 20min before her due arrival on Wednesday (mistake #1) saying "Hi Mamma_Mia, ***** has been quite sick since last night. I wanted to wait and see if she got better. (I have a 24hr rule on our contract - so mistake #2) She was sick after dinner and once in the night and she finished her breakfast about 1/2 hr ago and just lost it again. I'm going to keep her home today (duh) and watch how she does, prob take her to the Dr too." I reply with sympathy & concern and say to let me know what the Dr says.

I then text her at 5pm asking how dcg is doing - she took her to the Dr and they can't find anything off so it's just a bug. "She hasn't kept much down at all today, so trying to get her some pedialite". I reccomend the B.R.A.T and some soup then wish them well - then I ask "I guess you're keeping her home tomorrow too then?"

Mom replies - "Unless she gets alot better, I think so. I don't want to make the other kids sick too" thanks me for the food tip.

I then msg mom "I hope it's just a bug too. I'll be at the park in the morning and have some errands, I'll be home by 1pm....will DAD be stopping by?" (with my $$) Mom - "of course, I'll let him know"

Dad comes at 4pm with a sealed envelope and shorted me the two days she didn't come!!

I called mom 2 times and she didn't answer so I messaged her "Hi ****, I'm sorry...I opened the envelope and noticed that I was shorted 2 days pay. In our contract it states "Full time and part time fees are based on booked days, not attendance, therefore parents are responsible for fees whether child attends or not. (This includes sick days, statutory holidays and vacation time)".

SHE REPLIES -- "I thought you didnt want the kids to come when they are sick, you said that before. I would have brought her and gone to work" (yet she said before that dcg is staying home as she didn't want to get the others ill)

ME - "Well of course she should be at home. I wouldn't want the other children to catch anything. I don't want to make this a 'big deal' but it's all in the contract we both agreed on. I hope you understand"

Mom - "Thats why I didn't bring her"
    (So it would be OK for me to deal with your sick kid and cleaning up her puke all day....riiiight!!)

ME- "Well yes she was sick so can not attend but her spot was still 'taken' therefore fees still apply"

No response............ I HATE THIS!!!!!
    Last edited by Mamma_Mia; 08-09-2012 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Clarifacation
    Satisfaction Guaranteed or Double Your Kids Back!!