Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home...

How long to fill spots?

I am opening my dayhome in September. I started advertising a few weeks ago. Had 2 interviews so far, both seem to be really great families. One has "picked" me but won't be starting until January. The other one I haven't heard back from so I assume she's chosen another dayhome. Although I haven't been advertising agressively (because we're going away for the last 2 weeks of August) I'm getting a little worried that I have NO spots filled for September. There also seems to be a ton of other new dayhomes opening up in my town. How long does it typically take to fill all your spots? And what have you found to be the most successful place/way to advertise?
    Thanks!

It took me a year to get 'full' - I only take 4 children out of 5 for my comfort. But in this line of work, you just never know if you'll be full all the time. Sucks, but it's true. Sorry to say!

Euphoric !
    It took me a year to be full also but things change so fast ....you can be full one minute then then sitting with one or two kids the next ......good luck

Euphoric !
    My first year was really difficult, but interviewing takes lots of practice and you have to put yourself in the position of the parents. Would You want to leave your children with You? Why? Figure out what makes you a great daycare provider and stress that to the parents. Make a great plan on how you want to run your business and your routines. Do you want to have fieldtrips? Do you have a good contract? Do you have a website? There are so many things that will be natural to you in a couple of years, but right now you have to find the best way to get those first clients to sign with you so advertise your strengths.