Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Expansive...

Bizarre idea????

Hi everyone!

We have recently moved to a new house and I am excited to be re-opening my daycare in an almost self contained basement. We have huge windows, full bath, fridge, more than one room etc., but no kitchen. The previous owners put all the old kitchen cupboards and counter up in the large furnace room for storage when they gutted the kitchen upstairs. I had planned on cooking upstairs and bringing it down to eat. Hubby suggested a microwave in the storage room. Is this safe???? Do those of you that cook in the basement have any sort of fan system? Happy Friday for tomorrow!!!

Euphoric !
    The only appliance that needs the fan is the stove and even then not sure that it is a requirement just something that is usually done to take away the moist cooking air. A microwave, crockpot, toaster etc is all ok to use downstairs.

I think you can't use any portable hotplates (the ones with burners) and you need to have a fire extinquisher nearby