Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My Website

Starting to feel at home... Toregone's Avatar

My Website

Sorry not sure if this is the correct heading for this.

I've done some minor changes to my website and was wondering if you lovely ladies could look it over and give me an opinion?

www.monkeydoodles.webs.com

I'm looking to fill one possibly 2 spaces and am trying to raise my rates by $50 per month. I'm hoping I still sign someone up. I think I'll give it 2 weeks and if by then I haven't filled a spot I'll go back to regular rates. Fingers crossed as I could use the extra income to save for upcoming mat leave.
    Last edited by Toregone; 08-09-2012 at 11:22 PM.

Shy
    You have a "TRAIL" period? You might want a TRIAL period instead. LOL

3. The Following User Says Thank You to stitcherka For This Useful Post:

Love the pictures etc.! "Monkey doodle day" made me smile. Only thing I saw was in your Policies section under vacation it says:
    "As stated in the “Hours & Rates” section fees will be reduced for any vacation time I take (excepting stat holidays). However if your family wishes to take a vacation and remove your child from care for that time there will be no fee reduction."
    I don't see vacation policy referenced anywhere in the "Hours & Rates" section...unless I'm missing something?
    Hope that helps
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dreamalittledream For This Useful Post:

Just a random group question as I as well have a website in the works. Thoughts on having pictures of smiling, playing, happy pictures of kids (with signed release from parents, of course) as an incentive on your website as opposed to just your areas alone? In my info. pack I have pictures (I hadn't opened yet, so my own children, nieces, nephews were the ones snapped happily playing) of them throughout. I just find those random pics of happy kids adds to it, or does it open you up to a liability?
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Dreamalittledream For This Useful Post:

Looks good! I just personally wouldn't put your age on the website. They don't need to know that extra information.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Play and Learn For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home... Toregone's Avatar
    Ok great ladies! I needed some fresh eyes to see the things I had missed. DUH on the spelling error. lol

The hours and rates section referred to is in my policy manual. I did a copy paste from my manual and I guess I didn't check it over well enough to ensure there was nothing confusing in there.

As for picture of kiddos I have releases from parents allowing me to post pictures of them rather than just the empty spaces but have not gotten around to sorting and uploading yet. I agree that pictures of happy children is better, I just took these pics before I opened and couldn't get my own child to smile happy when I needed him to.

Not sure about taking down my age. I'll think on it as I understand your point.

Again thanks ladies. A second (third, fourth, fifth) set of eyes helps catch those little glitches.

Just think of the age thing this way Toregone - when you go to interviews for jobs, they're legally not allowed to ask your age. But if you're the boss, why should parents have to know your age?! I have parents ask me a year later how old I am, and I will tell them, but that's private info that they don't need to know!

Up to you in the long run obviously!

Euphoric !
    My website has pictures on every page as well as information about me and my daycare and my program. All of the pictures show the children in action inside and outside, at crafting, creating, learning and playing and dancing. I think when people just put a picture of their empty daycare on their site they are missing out on a great opportunity. Every family I have interviewed this year come in here with a great feeling for my daycare space and routines already because it's right there in front of their eyes and I've received wonderful compliments on my website.

Sorry - this was in answer to your question Dreamalittledream

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Momof4 For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Sorry Toregone, my last post was typed before I looked at your website. It's very nice and informative, but it needs some zip if you know what I mean. The best advice I received after I made my website was that I had all the facts there but I needed to put my warm, loving, funny personality into it, so I did and it was a much better pre-selling tool. I think you need that advice too.

Yes, get the printed permission forms from the parents, then load up your pages with fun pictures too.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Momof4 For This Useful Post:

Looks great! I wouldn't put your age either. From your family photo you look young, happy and healthy. Regarding safety, I would install a carbon monoxide detector on each level of home. Also you might want to say what type of curriculum you are providing and yes including some kiddies in your photo's helps parents visualize their kids there too.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to mimi For This Useful Post: